YOU GUYS JUST BOUGHT US!!!!

Lets hope merck needs us. I don't want to be let go right before or right after the holidays.

Merck is notorious for laying people off during the holidays. The Schering-Plough (Saphris) team was told the Monday after Thanksgiving that their division was gone.

Be aware that once Merck takes over your company you will no longer get reimbursed for a portion of your home internet, but will be expected to have it for all of your company business. You will get $35.00 for your cell phone reimbursement (yes, I said $35.00...no joke), and when your boss rides with you be prepared to pay for your own lunch. Merck does not pay for lunch for you and your boss. Merck is very LEAN and coming from another company is a culture shock. Good luck! Ask how many SP employees are left since that "reverse merger." There was a combined total of 105,000 employees in 2010 after the merger and there are less than 35,000 total today.

The word at corporate is that we will only keep about 20% of the Cubist sales force. And none of the managers. Bummer for them.

Insider here. We won't retain any of the Cubist folks. They should all plan to start networking asap.

That said, they will also be getting a nice severance. At least 3 months plus one week per year of tenure. Things could be worse for them... 4-7 months should be plenty of time to find a solid opportunity.

Get ready to say FU MERCK!!

I would also give your CEO the one finger salute whenever you see him for selling you put to this disastrous company.

This company blows and treats it's people like crap. Good luck to all of you cubist people.

Merck is notorious for laying people off during the holidays. The Schering-Plough (Saphris) team was told the Monday after Thanksgiving that their division was gone.

Be aware that once Merck takes over your company you will no longer get reimbursed for a portion of your home internet, but will be expected to have it for all of your company business. You will get $35.00 for your cell phone reimbursement (yes, I said $35.00...no joke), and when your boss rides with you be prepared to pay for your own lunch. Merck does not pay for lunch for you and your boss. Merck is very LEAN and coming from another company is a culture shock. Good luck! Ask how many SP employees are left since that "reverse merger." There was a combined total of 105,000 employees in 2010 after the merger and there are less than 35,000 total today.

130000 at merger, 70,000 today. Going to 55,000.

QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST: "Be aware that once Merck takes over your company you will no longer get reimbursed for a portion of your home internet, but will be expected to have it for all of your company business. You will get $35.00 for your cell phone reimbursement (yes, I said $35.00...no joke), and when your boss rides with you be prepared to pay for your own lunch. Merck does not pay for lunch for you and your boss. Merck is very LEAN and coming from another company is a culture shock."

***I still haven't figured out how this large Corporation gets away with NOT paying for a company needed internet service. Sure we have our iPad, but quite often a good internet connection is required to do work on the laptop.

QUOTE FROM PREVIOUS POST: "Be aware that once Merck takes over your company you will no longer get reimbursed for a portion of your home internet, but will be expected to have it for all of your company business. You will get $35.00 for your cell phone reimbursement (yes, I said $35.00...no joke), and when your boss rides with you be prepared to pay for your own lunch. Merck does not pay for lunch for you and your boss. Merck is very LEAN and coming from another company is a culture shock."

***I still haven't figured out how this large Corporation gets away with NOT paying for a company needed internet service. Sure we have our iPad, but quite often a good internet connection is required to do work on the laptop.

Get over the internet red herring, you have it for your home and kids already. Be glad Merck gives you the stipend for the internet. Want want want that is all you reprobates complain over. Start selling and maybe cost coverage will increase. Another thing, the company does not owe you lunch pack a lunch from home with all the extra food you have stole from the customers.

Are you dilliosianal - i can think of millions of reasons why not. don't be stupit.

The reason is that Cubist focuses on products in the antibacterial market. If you remember one of the four pillars that Merck is focusing on is ACUTE CARE. Merck has just lived up to their promise to their focus in this area. Cubist make perfect sense. Smaller company who holds a strong market presence and name recognition for those in this area.

Get over the internet red herring, you have it for your home and kids already. Be glad Merck gives you the stipend for the internet. Want want want that is all you reprobates complain over. Start selling and maybe cost coverage will increase. Another thing, the company does not owe you lunch pack a lunch from home with all the extra food you have stole from the customers.

drain the swamp baby gator boy

I'm sorry you feel you have zero value. Maybe start working on your skill set and realize these are STANDARD for the pharma industry. Merck is the only company who invokes these policies. Once you have the confidence of a skilled employee you will realize that these are basic core reimbursements.

Anyone who is happy that Merck just bought their company is a complete idiot or just making shit up.

Merck completely destroyed Schering Plough, and in turn Organon, and decimated both companies employees.

The crew that run Merck now are political appointees that only worry about the company from quarter to quarter, very short term, nothing else matters. No long term growth or whats best for anyone but themselves and their bonuses.

Merck will eventually crumble or be taken over, just a matter of time.