• Fri news: Eisai/Biogen Alzheimers med. BMS earnings beat. Big Pharma unfazed by IRA. Indivior opioid settlement. Abbott CGM recall. —http://bit.ly/w28kSd — See more on our front page

Xiidra / Oph enough is enough!!!

Whelp folks so it begins. Now they’re taking our cars on or around Oct. 1 while we have no clear idea of what’s happening other than what Novartis management has told us and well that’s about as trustworthy as a con man in church. Nothing in writing, no start date, no salary confirmations, nothing about possible severance or this new bonus. None of it has been signed, sealed and delivered. Y’all but I plan to do nothing but interview and job search for the month of Sept.

What an absolute Dumpster fire this has tuned into. This shit show of a company is really sticking it to us. “You can’t interview at Novartis so screw your years of contacts and networking you’ve done here.” Also “there’s no severance so, but you’ll have a job at B&L” “Ok ok you can interview at Novartis but only after the deal closes” also “we have no answers to any of your questions, but we managed to find time to develop this extra bonus that we got B&L to agree to, but you can’t quit until March 2024. Don’t worry you’ll get it in writing just like we told you you’ll get everything in writing once we know more” oh and by the way the deal closes in 30 days but business as usual til then” “ don’t worry you’ll get that in writing” oh hey “we’re taking your cars 10/1” followed by crickets regarding what we’re supposed to do come Oct. 1. What in the actual fuck?! I’ve been through many acquisitions and this is the most poorly handled, most deceptive one I’ve ever been a part of. Fuck odd Novartis y’all a bunch of liars.

Whelp folks so it begins. Now they’re taking our cars on or around Oct. 1 while we have no clear idea of what’s happening other than what Novartis management has told us and well that’s about as trustworthy as a con man in church. Nothing in writing, no start date, no salary confirmations, nothing about possible severance or this new bonus. None of it has been signed, sealed and delivered. Y’all but I plan to do nothing but interview and job search for the month of Sept.

It’s because of the Teslas. They are getting us Lucids. Much better.

I agree, this place is a complete shitshow! Why do we need to find out our cars are being taken from the fleet company. Did I miss something ? Now that deserves a conference call over previous ones saying “we know nothing” They think we’re a bunch of idiots!
Worst place I’ve worked in my career. Period.

I agree, this place is a complete shitshow! Why do we need to find out our cars are being taken from the fleet company. Did I miss something ? Now that deserves a conference call over previous ones saying “we know nothing” They think we’re a bunch of idiots!
Worst place I’ve worked in my career. Period.

Couldn’t agree more! I came here with high hopes and it’s been nothing but disappointment. Who thought it was a good idea to release an email with very specific details about how and when our cars will be taken away, but they have no other information to share about our future? No mention of what we do in the meantime without a vehicle?

Was there a communication sent out about our cars being taken Oct 1? Or is this just a circulating rumor?

Was there a communication sent out about our cars being taken Oct 1? Or is this just a circulating rumor?

Not a rumor. Our ABL sent an email yesterday which came from our RD. If you didn’t get this info yet it’s because your ABL didn’t forward it. All the RDs and ABLs are aware of the cars being taken on or around Oct. 1.

Blurbs from the emails:
“Fleet gas/charging/RFID cards (s) will be deactivated on Oct. 2”
“If you are not purchasing your vehicle and have not been contacted one week prior to your release date, contact Novartis Fleet”

Town Hall tomorrow with B&L at 11am. Bet this means folks from B&L will finally be on a call with us to give us some answers?

considering we will be on mute with no chance to ask questions, my expectations are low. If anything this will be some B&L big shots telling us how excited they are to have us and how great this will all be.

Maybe we will all get let go…let go before a long weekend, nothing in writing, one way conversation, B+L reps launching Miebo and believe they will be relaunching Xiidra too.

Todays call was disappointing as expected. Except for them saying we will get offers next week, they addressed nothing important! What about when we will get new vehicles or rentals. What about what willl we be selling? Just Xiidra or are we launching Meibo too? Are we going to the home office for training or a launch meeting. If so what are the dates?? This is stuff I would like to know before I accept an offer. Is it just me or has this whole experience been shady as hell?

Todays call was disappointing as expected. Except for them saying we will get offers next week, they addressed nothing important! What about when we will get new vehicles or rentals. What about what willl we be selling? Just Xiidra or are we launching Meibo too? Are we going to the home office for training or a launch meeting. If so what are the dates?? This is stuff I would like to know before I accept an offer. Is it just me or has this whole experience been shady as hell?

I mean come on, it was positive hearing offers are coming next week with new hire welcome packets and at least we'll know about benefits too. And our salaries aren't changing! That's huge. For now, we have jobs and income. Who knows what's to come in the next few months, but don't crap on the good news, enjoy it for a while because we've had no answers up until this morning. We won't be official B & L employees until we sign, seal, and deliver our offer letters. One step at a time..

I mean come on, it was positive hearing offers are coming next week with new hire welcome packets and at least we'll know about benefits too. And our salaries aren't changing! That's huge. For now, we have jobs and income. Who knows what's to come in the next few months, but don't crap on the good news, enjoy it for a while because we've had no answers up until this morning. We won't be official B & L employees until we sign, seal, and deliver our offer letters. One step at a time..
We thought we had jobs too when we came over from shire. Then people like me were looking for jobs months after we were “guaranteed” spots. Dont believe what you hear. They cant sustain the nimber of employees especially since they have low budgets for reps as it is.

We all screwed

While it’s nice to finally have some communication from B&L I have to admit I’m still skeptical. I too was here when the Shire team came over and we’re promised jobs. They were all sent to NJ for a meeting and within a short time after that many were let go. There is no guarantee ever! By taking on our sales force B&L may be able to sustain us short term, but there’s no way they are keeping all of us long term.

You can expect to attend a national meeting where you will be expected to train your B&L counterparts on Xiidra and then RIFed at the end of the year. Typical copy and paste management. If you are any good at what you do your next job will be better than your last.