Worst experience ever!

The point is the person had an interview and never heard back or is expected to wait? That is unacceptable and I doubt you are a DM because you sound very sophmoric given your language. Most people do not apply for a job they are not qualified for. Maybe the DM’s should be better educated on company or standard protocols. If a person has given time for an interview, they do deserve a courtesy email at the very least. Speaks volumes on why some areas love Abbvie and others do not!!! You are obviously one of “those” DM’s that create negativity (or reps who pretend to be a DM on this site).

Over the years I have had to no-show a number of apps, as we committed to better candidates. The apps never complained to me, nor to HR (as far as I know). If they did they would be put on a not to hire shyt list. And it has also happened the other way where the app is a no show. Yes, that’s the way it goes in the real word, Jack ! Just remember….. the applicant is a wanna-be employee and has zero rights within the Company. Yes zero rights, you should know that.

fact here most positions filled internally by people moving around from different divisions. The bad part people are put in positions because either a Regional Manager wants them there regardless of experience. Also some managers owe other managers favors and out people in places. They interview people because they have to and then either don't follow up or make up some bullshit excuse why they weren't given the position. Welcome to pharma.

Then they wonder why they have unsuccessfull launches.

You can blame the clueless rank & file reps for the failed launches NOT your DM or Leadership!!!!! THAT IS. A FACT !

I do ride alongside and have been disappointed by my reps over and over Tired of covering for them.

sounds like you don't do such a good job of coaching and mentoring your people maybe you should leave. Don't let the door slam your ass on the way out.

As a top performing DM I resent the previous post. Have traned and mentored many reps. Many became successful but unfortunately even more could not meet their numbers and just withored out. They usually leave within 2-3 years when they figger out that they don't have what it takes. So when I interview a new app I admit I have a notion that a college degree is a big negative as they think it makes them better than me (I have high school degree). History proves this out as they usually are not up to the challenge. The high school apps usually perform better and are willing to listin to me.

As a top performing DM I resent the previous post. Have traned and mentored many reps. Many became successful but unfortunately even more could not meet their numbers and just withored out. They usually leave within 2-3 years when they figger out that they don't have what it takes. So when I interview a new app I admit I have a notion that a college degree is a big negative as they think it makes them better than me (I have high school degree). History proves this out as they usually are not up to the challenge. The high school apps usually perform better and are willing to listin to me.

Great! A DM without a degree who can not spell.

As a top performing DM I resent the previous post. Have traned and mentored many reps. Many became successful but unfortunately even more could not meet their numbers and just withored out. They usually leave within 2-3 years when they figger out that they don't have what it takes. So when I interview a new app I admit I have a notion that a college degree is a big negative as they think it makes them better than me....

It is really sad a DM does not value a college education. I have never heard of a business like this not requiring a degree-really it is pathetic. No wonder.

The implication that somehow hiring is based on 'who you know' vice 'what you know' is very disturbing. TOTALLY false !! Moreover the rank & file are hired based on qualifications, need, and social fairness. Be assured just dumping reams of resumes into HR will not help you land a coveted position.

I didnt get a Humira job due to lack of biologic experience, our CEO lied about having a Phd. But hes qualified because he sucked Miles balss and shaft. What say you now?

To OP, I apologize for all the arrogant assholes on this site, its just our culture here. See if you were chosen to sell Humira you were basically given a birth right to being an asshole. Other peoples time is not important just theirs. It takes alot of time buying physicians with MEI programs which are done weekly by the way. Sometimes if your a husband and wife team you can have a derm doctor and their rheum spouse do a combined program and then you get a two for one. They are Special and you are just a low level rep from outside of our club of assholes. Consider yourself lucky.

Have a five star day!