Will Novartis ever stop restructuring?

anonymous

Our leaders just don’t care about us. We have been in permanent restructuring mode for the last 20 months. It just never stops and we are exhausted. Novartis / Vas please do better.

<

Most depressing work environment ever.
Been in this industry a long time and I agree. It’s hard to even describe the level of job dissatisfaction at Novartis. When I joined Novartis, it was nothing like this. Now, it genuinely feels like we are doing the important part (sales) for a company that actually hates us. They don’t even pretend to care about us anymore. Before a regional manager gets on here and tells me to move on, I will, when the best opportunity comes along.

Been in this industry a long time and I agree. It’s hard to even describe the level of job dissatisfaction at Novartis. When I joined Novartis, it was nothing like this. Now, it genuinely feels like we are doing the important part (sales) for a company that actually hates us. They don’t even pretend to care about us anymore. Before a regional manager gets on here and tells me to move on, I will, when the best opportunity comes along.

Couldn’t agree more. They truly despise the sales teams. One executive leader was in a meeting about a year ago and referred to the sales teams as “spoiled brats that drive teslas”. That’s what they think of us. Sad because many of us truly work and care about the patients and customers we serve

yes, slug go door dash...

Couldn’t agree more. They truly despise the sales teams. One executive leader was in a meeting about a year ago and referred to the sales teams as “spoiled brats that drive teslas”. That’s what they think of us. Sad because many of us truly work and care about the patients and customers we serve
if you cared about patients, you wouldn't be spending your time on this board.

When I came to Novartis years ago it was extremely refreshing.. the company was the opposite from the toxic, micromanaging, metrics based company I came from. There was actually trust in the sales force and it was amazingly invigorating. I actually couldn’t believe that there was a big pharma company with such a great and caring environment. Then they decided that things had to change, they imported a toxic egotistical individual like Dez to “transform”the company for the future. (Dez btw was part of the exec team that ruined the culture at GSK) Yes, you must change and evolve with the times, that we can all agree on. However, change that no single employee embraces, creating a worsening culture is simply a once great company moving backwards. Really hoping the board cleans house of these toxic individuals blinded by personal accomplishment and success at the cost of peoples happiness and livelihoods.

When I came to Novartis years ago it was extremely refreshing.. the company was the opposite from the toxic, micromanaging, metrics based company I came from. There was actually trust in the sales force and it was amazingly invigorating. I actually couldn’t believe that there was a big pharma company with such a great and caring environment. Then they decided that things had to change, they imported a toxic egotistical individual like Dez to “transform”the company for the future. (Dez btw was part of the exec team that ruined the culture at GSK) Yes, you must change and evolve with the times, that we can all agree on. However, change that no single employee embraces, creating a worsening culture is simply a once great company moving backwards. Really hoping the board cleans house of these toxic individuals blinded by personal accomplishment and success at the cost of peoples happiness and livelihoods.

I was thinking about the same thing and reminiscing about the great culture that was. And then I wondered - did they bring Dez here for a reason? Like maybe to clean house naturally through attrition because he’s such an awful leader and people can’t stand to be here anymore?

That was not said in a meeting. We would have heard about that before now.

What a joke of a leadership team at all levels. I've been in this industry for over 20 years and this place has the least talent at the top I've ever seen and worked for. But hey, they do check all the boxes for the woke and go broke agendas.

I don't think he was brought in to transform for the future because even Victor can see how hopelessly retrograde and antiquated his approach is.
He clearly hasn't grown one bit in the last twenty years.
He runs things like it is the Vioxx/Celebrex wars of 2003 (for you youngsters, ask the old-heads on your team what this means).
He'll never mature or grow as a leader & he'll never understand account selling isn't like selling a pill.
Its actually kind of sad in a pathetic kind of way.

Every associate is a cost and therefore a liability on Novartis’ profit. The less we are, the better. No wonder we are hated. Every restructuring is an opportunity to get rid of more with a total disregard for people’s livelihoods. The way Novartis treats its workforce is disgusting.

Vas and Victor need to go for the $9 billion fiasco that is leqvio. It's that simple really, instead of the constant reshuffles. AOS, T4G, field restructures thru multiple waves. Stock buybacks. All are tactics to misdirect their incompetence

Now the story changes. Small group meeting. Ha. Hearsay

Oh F off! I said “in a meeting” whether it was small or large who cares. Point I am trying to make is the sales force isn’t highly regarded. If you are a rep you would understand. The only team that seems to be treated well is Cosentyx now. All of the others have gone through so much shit

Oh F off! I said “in a meeting” whether it was small or large who cares. Point I am trying to make is the sales force isn’t highly regarded. If you are a rep you would understand. The only team that seems to be treated well is Cosentyx now. All of the others have gone through so much shit
Again hearsay. A CV rep said a Derm rep said that the word is that “in a meeting” it was said that blah blah.