• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Why has the HCV NSM been pushed up to late April/early May?

There won't be layoffs. The original budget was for 1.5 billion when they hired the HCV sales force. The thought of 7 or 8 billion came after we thought we were going to get some managed care wins. We are on target for 2 billion, so while this product will not be the blockbuster they thought it might be we are still making the money they originally planned on.

There won't be layoffs. The original budget was for 1.5 billion when they hired the HCV sales force. The thought of 7 or 8 billion came after we thought we were going to get some managed care wins. We are on target for 2 billion, so while this product will not be the blockbuster they thought it might be we are still making the money they originally planned on.

Don't forget to discount by the 60% average rebate

No way in hell are we on track to get even close to an annual run rate of $2B
Do the math, with discounts and vouchers we are lucky to gross over $400M.
Whoever posted this crap, show me how you get even close to $1B.
The volume is pathetic.

It's embarrassing when a doctor rips into Abbvie and you can't come back with a response because they're right. This launch was a disaster. Abbvie had no idea what they were doing and now they are grasping at straws to make it work. Disaster and failure.

Seriously, they are checking our calls each day and making a list of people that don't have enough calls? And scaring us that we had "better not be on the list" WTF? Are we in primary care? This is BS!!!

It's embarrassing when a doctor rips into Abbvie and you can't come back with a response because they're right. This launch was a disaster. Abbvie had no idea what they were doing and now they are grasping at straws to make it work. Disaster and failure.

Rip us for what, coming out with a 95+% SVR? Pricing it lower? More indications? Free treatment vouchers? Opportunity to speak? Spare me your opinion please.

Rip us for what, coming out with a 95+% SVR? Pricing it lower? More indications? Free treatment vouchers? Opportunity to speak? Spare me your opinion please.

They rip on Abbvie bc they have so many abbvie people calling on them and they have no idea who is who. All they see is it's another Abbvie person wasting their time!!

My math shows us at more like $150M annual sales rate program to date on an annualized basis. I agree, the volume sucks and last I heard, volume drives revenue.

This is very true. Not pretty. Got to believe they are waiting to do a massive "restructuring" that will include us, Metabolics and any other area that needs a very big headcount reduction.

Based on this, I would say because we are perceived as primary care types through and through.

Basically all of you are primary care. 240 reps was a cluster fuck idea which no one thought would work......primary care docs will never be allowed to prescribe these meds at even discounted prices. When MS tried to justify the size of the sales force to me in the interview process, I knew it was a bad decision considering Merck, Genentech, Janssen and Gilead were all about 125 each or less.

Basically all of you are primary care. 240 reps was a cluster fuck idea which no one thought would work......primary care docs will never be allowed to prescribe these meds at even discounted prices. When MS tried to justify the size of the sales force to me in the interview process, I knew it was a bad decision considering Merck, Genentech, Janssen and Gilead were all about 125 each or less.

You were smart. Mike will be pursuing other opportunities outside Abbvie soon.