What's the current severance package looking like?

Horrible people who are entitled and with friends at high places do get many things they should not be getting including job security. The ability to kiss a** the right way is an art. Accept this fact, find your niche and keep going. Keep going but never stop. Never too late to learn this art. If everything worked well and the appropriate people were recognized, then many diseases would have better solutions. Drugs would not be approved based on marginal data. What you DO would be more important?

Over 100 Oncology reps were offered packages at the end of last year and they were completely transparent. Everyone knew EXACTLY what everyone else got. It was a very generous “enhanced” package because so many displaced reps had over 10 years with the company. No one’s life was “ruined” everyone I know either got a new job within 3 months. I personally found the 3rd party placement firm extremely helpful. I was with Novartis Oncology over 17 years. I got a payout of over $145k and a new job in 2 months making $180k salary. $25k more than I was making. You have to be a real TOOL to bad mouth Novartis and the way they treat their reps.
Sir, remain quiet or in your zone if you are unaware of the dirty games and manipulations that were done by insecure individuals to get some people on the list, mainly the ones that seemed a threat to incompetent controlling managers.

Could someone just answer the basic questions:

How long is the minimum severance? Is that in addition to a warning period during which the employee is not supposed to work? Is the warning period 30 days or 60 days?

I'm just trying to anticipate, as a new employee, how many weeks after I am told my job is gone, I will have pay and time to find a new job?

How long is the minimum severance? Is that in addition to a warning period during which the employee is not supposed to work? Is the warning period 30 days or 60 days?

I'm just trying to anticipate, as a new employee, how many weeks after I am told my job is gone, I will have pay and time to find a new job?
Warn period if applicable based on his many laid off is 60 days, it's a federal mandate.

It is NOT warning period. Don’t use words that are incorrect and mean something that is not supposed to be. It is the WARN act which is worker adjustment and retraining notification (whatever this means). It is a 60 day period mandated by this federal WARN act. No one knows what it is and no one is given an explanation. There are people working in that period and interviewing internally when HR is actually sitting back and enjoying at the person’s expense. Politics, bitching, back biting, nastiness is what gets most hardworking and regular people laid off. There is no dearth of these backbiting morons at Novartis. Vas was supposed to get rid of the s*** during last layoffs but got rid of some incredibly promising people. A very minor part of the laid off personnel got a position internally mainly due to their higher up connections and a couple of them have been promoted or got a senior level job after the layoff itself in Novartis. It is very strange practice that there are some who got laid off, then got hired in a higher title than the one they were laid off. Some others were completely mistreated.

Got it. So there is typically a 60 day "warning like period". :)

Then what is the minimum weeks of severance after that?

This isn't a complex question. I greatly appreciate those who respond in a manner meant to be helpful.

This isn't a complex question. I greatly appreciate those who respond in a manner meant to be helpful.

In the past, it has typically been a minimum of 12 weeks. If you have been working certain number of years, then it was 2 additional weeks for every year, but I can’t remember what that number is.

It is not “warning like”. WARN period is an acronym for something totally different. Nobody is warned. In fact, HR does not explain this period accurately. It is a 60 day buffer period which the employee should use to find new employment. If they don’t and expect they will be moved internally, they are in huge trouble. Most people who have been thru multiple layoffs or have friends, families and managers who have explained this to them, start interviewing the day of the layoff so they can pretty much lie and say they are looking for a career change etc etc blah blah all that crap. Those who don’t have a much more difficult time because they are naive. Therefore, HR must explain to the employee in no uncertain terms that it is in their best interest to find employment when you are still employed in the 60 day buffer period. Ok?

It is not “warning like”. WARN period is an acronym for something totally different. Nobody is warned. In fact, HR does not explain this period accurately. It is a 60 day buffer period which the employee should use to find new employment. If they don’t and expect they will be moved internally, they are in huge trouble. Most people who have been thru multiple layoffs or have friends, families and managers who have explained this to them, start interviewing the day of the layoff so they can pretty much lie and say they are looking for a career change etc etc blah blah all that crap. Those who don’t have a much more difficult time because they are naive. Therefore, HR must explain to the employee in no uncertain terms that it is in their best interest to find employment when you are still employed in the 60 day buffer period. Ok?
Without the warn act, employers will kick employees to the curb as and when they want. The warn act should be extended to all forms of employee dissociation from the company. It is to protect people who have been wronged by bitching, hatred, cunning and sometimes evil.