What really happened to Bevespi?

anonymous

Maybe no one around AZ anymore remembers Bevespi. I took a position with another company in late 2018 but was with respiratory sales before leaving. I remember diabetes was newly launching Farxiga around that time. I still see Farxiga advertised today. Just curious about Bevespi. It seem to disappear. Just recall a lot more pressure than in past new product launches to get Rxs. Managers not happy. Lots of teams having a hard time getting docs to write it. Had an opportunity with a start up that turned out to be the right move for me. Many colleagues were making moves out as well. Some wanted to be considered for other divisions but internal moves were hard back then too.

Not hard to figure out. It is a LABA/LAMA in a triple world. Once the triple launched it was kicked to the curb, basically.

Happened way before the intro of triple's. Remember, our fearless leader for respiratory was once the brand director for Bevespi. A colossal failure of a launch and product and yet she continued to climb. I don't get it.

Maybe no one around AZ anymore remembers Bevespi. I took a position with another company in late 2018 but was with respiratory sales before leaving. I remember diabetes was newly launching Farxiga around that time. I still see Farxiga advertised today. Just curious about Bevespi. It seem to disappear. Just recall a lot more pressure than in past new product launches to get Rxs. Managers not happy. Lots of teams having a hard time getting docs to write it. Had an opportunity with a start up that turned out to be the right move for me. Many colleagues were making moves out as well. Some wanted to be considered for other divisions but internal moves were hard back then too.

Farxiga launched in 2014

To put it bluntly the product sucked. AZ’s own Aeristo trial was done to show non-inferiority status to Anoro. That could not be achieved and therefore the product was a bust, coupled with the rest of problems of course.

Hence why Breztri is also struggling to control more than 5% of the national market. Breztri is 2/3rds Bevespi.