• Fri news: Eisai/Biogen Alzheimers med. BMS earnings beat. Big Pharma unfazed by IRA. Indivior opioid settlement. Abbott CGM recall. —http://bit.ly/w28kSd — See more on our front page

What is the worst pharmaceutical company to work for

It's funny how all the upper management types hype how "we are the best in this industry" (I've been w3 pharma companies and that speech is always the same, heard it at all 3) YET, they mimic what all those other "bad" companies do!
X company averages 9 details per day, we at Z will do 10! Y company says that Z company is doing 10 so we will do 12! X company hears about Z and says that we must improve to be the best and will go for 14! X, Y and Z are really not in a pissing contest so much as they are pissing on themselves and don't realize it!

Then all other companies hear about the # of calls and mimic too. Quality calls are history.

It's funny how all the upper management types hype how "we are the best in this industry" (I've been w3 pharma companies and that speech is always the same, heard it at all 3) YET, they mimic what all those other "bad" companies do!
X company averages 9 details per day, we at Z will do 10! Y company says that Z company is doing 10 so we will do 12! X company hears about Z and says that we must improve to be the best and will go for 14! X, Y and Z are really not in a pissing contest so much as they are pissing on themselves and don't realize it!

Then all other companies hear about the # of calls and mimic too. Quality calls are history.

Been out of industry for a while. How have reps been managing getting 12 calls & 8 signatures a day during the pandemic?

you are smoking crack right? Merck is BY FAR the worst of them all.

Yeah Merck is a bunch of people who live in ivory towers and don't care how people are treated. HR only cares about themselves and the vetting process does not mean you are even qualified for the job. You get hird and the told well you wanted the job. They ae elitists period!

they are all really bad at this point...big, small, biotech, start-up...

All really bad...If you have a good boss, you can maybe live with it for a few years before you go nuts...

i don't understand when I see postings on CP that say, "I am going to get my resume out" or "better start sending your resume out" like you are gonna go from a bad situation to a much better one.

This whole industry is in major crisis...Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. (FUBAR) It is a really really bad career choice now.

If I had to pick the very worst company though, I would have to say Xanodyne Pharmacal out of the Kentucky/Cincinnati area.

they are all really bad at this point...big, small, biotech, start-up...

All really bad...If you have a good boss, you can maybe live with it for a few years before you go nuts...

i don't understand when I see postings on CP that say, "I am going to get my resume out" or "better start sending your resume out" like you are gonna go from a bad situation to a much better one.

This whole industry is in major crisis...Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. (FUBAR) It is a really really bad career choice now.

If I had to pick the very worst company though, I would have to say Xanodyne Pharmacal out of the Kentucky/Cincinnati area.

So true. The whole industry is a total nightmare. They treat reps like crap, no stability, total shit show. They’re all horrible at this point. Sad, but true.