What do Oncology managers actually do all day?

<

Here's what my DM's did:
1) Lot of overnights to get Marriott points
2) Ask me to have lunch and breakfast constantly to get free meals
3) Talk constantly about how to get more bonus
4) Calculate how much bonus we might get
5) Talk about how bad senior mgt is
6) Tell me how important reach and frequency was
7) Tell me I needed to synch FOCUS 4x a week

THIS is what they get paid 150K+ for?

Here's what my DM's did:
1) Lot of overnights to get Marriott points
2) Ask me to have lunch and breakfast constantly to get free meals
3) Talk constantly about how to get more bonus
4) Calculate how much bonus we might get
5) Talk about how bad senior mgt is
6) Tell me how important reach and frequency was
7) Tell me I needed to synch FOCUS 4x a week

THIS is what they get paid 150K+ for?

You left out:

Rent a car when the hotel has a free shuttle and the reps transport them everywhere.
Don't take office days so you can add up travel expenses and points.
Arrive the night before even though they can get an early flight the morning of the workwith for more Marriott points.
Tell their reps to do everything to save money for Eisai (do as I say, not as I do)

PP, thanks for the additions, I forgot those. I do love how reps would get nickel and dimed for the smallest of items-does a DM even know what a refilled printer cartridge is?--but no expense was spared to get yet one more FCR. 'Cos they are just so damn productive for the business. Managers in pharma are a joke, but they have it down to an art here at Eisai.

Not much of anything. Most can't even make it to lunch and just tell you what you already know. The FCR are bogus. Experienced reps gain little from their verbose corp drivel. Should have kept more reps and got rid of more managers. Reps might actually sell something. Managers are needed for primary care but not Onc.

You left out:

Rent a car when the hotel has a free shuttle and the reps transport them everywhere.
Don't take office days so you can add up travel expenses and points.
Arrive the night before even though they can get an early flight the morning of the workwith for more Marriott points.
Tell their reps to do everything to save money for Eisai (do as I say, not as I do)

Sounds like my former boss MB! I heard he did this same s#i+ in TN. Maybe why LF got the job and not him! Serves him right!

Poster #16 is correct. Do the math dip $#!+!

And just way till the new compliance staff starts working with you to give you "zingers" and possible "firings"! Heard it hear first and coming to a territory near you soon!

do you really think the company will keep the ratio of 8-9reps per manager? the predicted layoffs in oct. or sooner will make it at least 12-14 reps per manager. more cuts are coming in PC reps and mgrs.