• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

What do District Managers really do?

Collect nice checks and shit their pants when they think they are about to be shitcanned. If you know how to manage the firedrills, watching managers for the last 6weeks and next 4 will be priceless.

All that money and coaching 'talent' yet the DBMs are scared of losing their jobs. If you were such a great manager, you can get hired anywhere....right?

They help you sell, asshole. At least the good ones do

You are delusional, and badly need some Abilify. Offices have closed down manager access left and right, due to the high pressure and lost time dealing with managers. Further, BMS micro-manages so much, tracks reps' "call continuum", Engage for Impact, call notes with A/B shifts and "specific, actionable closes", that reps are forced to probe too much, close too hard, push too hard to get extended time with the doc on every call, to the point that providers are getting ticked off.

Now, if they had any managers who knew when to back off, there might be a grain of truth in your statement.

You are delusional, and badly need some Abilify. Offices have closed down manager access left and right, due to the high pressure and lost time dealing with managers. Further, BMS micro-manages so much, tracks reps' "call continuum", Engage for Impact, call notes with A/B shifts and "specific, actionable closes", that reps are forced to probe too much, close too hard, push too hard to get extended time with the doc on every call, to the point that providers are getting ticked off.

Now, if they had any managers who knew when to back off, there might be a grain of truth in your statement.

Managers have to manage their baby reps

They help you sell, asshole. At least the good ones do

What a dumb fucker you are! They are from a time gone by. They are totally useless. They cause offices to shut down to reps. They are leeches. They produce nothing and demoralize their district's on a regular basis.

The model is broken and needs to be replaced badly, but not one single company wishes to tackle this outdated management philosophy.

What a dumb fucker you are! They are from a time gone by. They are totally useless. They cause offices to shut down to reps. They are leeches. They produce nothing and demoralize their district's on a regular basis.

The model is broken and needs to be replaced badly, but not one single company wishes to tackle this outdated management philosophy.

Poor little baby! Need your binky? I know, I know. They force you to do something other than ask for a signature don't they and it makes you sad. It'll be ok! Now run along!

Without my manager in the car... I wouldn't even work those 2 days a month. Because of ride alongs, I have to put my golf clubs in the garage and samples in my trunk once a month. Its a real pain in the balls.

DBMs hate riding with reps more than reps hate DBMs riding with them. Think about it, the rep job is not difficult, yet DBMs have to ride along to make sure you are doing it correctly.

It is worse than babysitting, DBMs have to listen to reps complain about their car (they have the same options), IC (as if the plan was made for 1 rep), samples (most reps don't sample correctly to start with), meetings (99% of meetings are called by those way above DBM and for every 1 stupid meeting reps go to, DBMs have at least 1 additional stupid meeting), I could go on forever.

Reps think about themselves only, which is why the babysitting analogy is accurate. It's like watching a 4 year old pout, cry and fuss about their carrot sticks and toys.

They then are forced to go into calls and watch reps be stupid, but that only applies to 95% of reps, there are about 5% that seem to know what the hell they are talking about outside their canned marketing speak.

So complain all you like about DBMs, just know it's 10X worse for them to tolerate a day with reps.

DBMs hate riding with reps more than reps hate DBMs riding with them. Think about it, the rep job is not difficult, yet DBMs have to ride along to make sure you are doing it correctly.

It is worse than babysitting, DBMs have to listen to reps complain about their car (they have the same options), IC (as if the plan was made for 1 rep), samples (most reps don't sample correctly to start with), meetings (99% of meetings are called by those way above DBM and for every 1 stupid meeting reps go to, DBMs have at least 1 additional stupid meeting), I could go on forever.

Reps think about themselves only, which is why the babysitting analogy is accurate. It's like watching a 4 year old pout, cry and fuss about their carrot sticks and toys.

They then are forced to go into calls and watch reps be stupid, but that only applies to 95% of reps, there are about 5% that seem to know what the hell they are talking about outside their canned marketing speak.

So complain all you like about DBMs, just know it's 10X worse for them to tolerate a day with reps.

the biggest joke of a job a pharma dm- watch me detail this puppies

Which is why I would never want this job.

I agree...it has to be torture to ride with 10 different people and make inane conversation all day. Then you have to go over the numbers...try to find something nice to say after a call that you wanted to jump into sooooooo bad you could taste it because the rep was doing such a pitiful job. What a horrible position. I would rather have a DM in my car for 2 days a month and endure the chit chat for two dreadfully long days than ride with someone every day of the week. I would never be a DM.

here's a pathetic putz of a dm... you are worthless and bring zero to the table

True, but I watch 10 reps a month that do the same - to the actual doctors and patients. So get off your high horsey and recognize everyone in pharma sales is neither in true sales or anything near an medical expert - even on their own products.