• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

In person district meetings in January- what??

What type of idiots are making these decisions to move forward with these district meetings this week? Record sky high Covid cases! Let’s get our whole teams together!!

What type of idiots are making these decisions to move forward with these district meetings this week? Record sky high Covid cases! Let’s get our whole teams together!!

I haven’t heard about any in person meetings, but I also am on the Orencia team so I don’t know if I’ll have a job in two weeks anyway!

Yes. The whole idea of having in-person meetings is really foolish. Microsoft Teams works fine. I don't know what they think it will accomplish to have people in the same place for a meeting. It's delusional that this effort is somehow better than remote working. Even before the pandemic, not everyone was in the same room for a meeting all the time anyway. They should be selling or leasing out the office space, cause it is causing BMS money to keep it when it isn't needed. The pandemic has proved that remote work can be done without loss of productivity, when in fact, it increases performance because people don't have their energy zapped by traveling to and from the office. People pay crazy money to be closer because they hate commutes, but for some reason the management is ignoring this. I guess they won't wake up until the competition who is open to remote work will hire people away.