We should all be very worried!

anonymous

I realize we're consistently told we're the best of the best, but look at what Novartis did to their reps in 2010. Right before Thanksgiving, we were told no layoffs and shortly thereafter (a week or two), we were told to wait for our phone calls. Over 50% of reps gone, even President's Club reps.

Novartis will always do what's best for Novartis, regardless of what the optics are.

There is absolutely no security in this industry any more!!

<

2010? How about almost every other year. Look at what they did to Ophtha last summer-let go of so many good reps and managers. We are replaceable and should not made to feel comfortable. NVS has share holders to adhere to and chances are they’re working on an updated playbook as we speak.

I realize we're consistently told we're the best of the best, but look at what Novartis did to their reps in 2010. Right before Thanksgiving, we were told no layoffs and shortly thereafter (a week or two), we were told to wait for our phone calls. Over 50% of reps gone, even President's Club reps.

Novartis will always do what's best for Novartis, regardless of what the optics are.

I'm still here, leftover from Chiron days and work in research in Emeryville.

So True!

We don’t mean anything to the company. Our access is gone—will it ever return? It would make sense for them to cut us. We are deadweight.

"our" access...no your access. I've been in constant contact with my top providers weekly. Hell one of them is pushing me to take the Gilead job...funny.

Pharma companies will see their sales minimally affected by lack of reps So they can have a sort of Truce & cut billions in wasted $$ not to mention liability by paying for useless donut dropping part timers masquerading as full time professional sales people

Pharma companies will see their sales minimally affected by lack of reps So they can have a sort of Truce & cut billions in wasted $$ not to mention liability by paying for useless donut dropping part timers masquerading as full time professional sales people

Well our volume on Cosentyx is tracking down 40% in NRX. So much for your theory.

That is because no one is seeing doctors right now; and people have no money to buy overpriced bullshit from pharma. The mere fact you can’t see that is the reason the only value you add is the doughnuts you drop.

Who doesn't have money for medicines? We give it away for free if they don't . You are very bitter.

Its time for the majority of pharma reps to realize the golden days are over: COVID-19 just made this clear to leadership. There are thousand's of posts revealing most reps have minimal or no access and make "service calls/sample drops", cater meals or fake calls. For those of you ELITE REPS that see all your top targets anytime you want, congrats, you rock. I've talked to multiple MD's who say that they can access samples & vouchers off Corp websites and they don't have time for reps anyway. Several said since no reps/no meals their staff are losing weight! Be intelligent and start seriously looking at Plan B. Big Pharma is not going to operate just to keep you employed and wealthy. IMHO after almost 30 years of selling and getting laid off. The party is over.

Its time for the majority of pharma reps to realize the golden days are over: COVID-19 just made this clear to leadership. There are thousand's of posts revealing most reps have minimal or no access and make "service calls/sample drops", cater meals or fake calls. For those of you ELITE REPS that see all your top targets anytime you want, congrats, you rock. I've talked to multiple MD's who say that they can access samples & vouchers off Corp websites and they don't have time for reps anyway. Several said since no reps/no meals their staff are losing weight! Be intelligent and start seriously looking at Plan B. Big Pharma is not going to operate just to keep you employed and wealthy. IMHO after almost 30 years of selling and getting laid off. The party is over.

With HCP's becoming for the most part "corporate" and not private (at all) they are told HOW to practice medicine. Yes it's been this way for years but each year that noose gets tighter and tighter around their necks which means WE get choked out. The game is national accounts and speciality (briefly) for now. Yes go to all the other boards and read how bad access has become, C-19 is a death nail. Nothing lasts forever and this sales model is a dinosaur.