• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Virtual / Webex Detailing

anonymous

I understand that this company is run by lawsuit-preventing lawyers, so I will assume there is much I do not know.
During an unprecedented, worldwide healthcare crisis, please tell me how in the blue fuck does a giant pharma company tell its employees to attempt to schedule virtual sales calls so hcp’s can spend 5-10 minutes logging on a Webex (which is quicker that most upper management can do it), only then to see the glorious ISA tile; all, while these very same hcp’s are dealing with a new reality every day of how to care for their patients while their own practices experience dynamic changes?????
Contact key staff to let them know samples and materials are available? Yes. Send marketing pieces and iRep emails to keep our info on their minds? Ok, sure.
Please, what am I not understanding? “Success stories from your virtual detail?” If I asked 1 hcp to do this, by all means they should never let me in the office ever again for being so obtuse.

<

What an opportunity to show the healthcare community and the world that we get it - that we at abbvie understand the gravity of what healthcare providers are experiencing and simply communicating that we are hear to support you vs asking for sales time over the internet. Most doctors work for a system that won’t allow them to put apps like Webex on their systems let alone use it to communicate outside of approved channels. Our own company would not allow us to install an unapproved app, nor use our own Webex app to conduct a virtual visit with an outside vendor.
It’s unfortunate that we as a company focused today on “good luck with your virtual detailing”. Sad.

You are not alone. My company is trying to force the same idiocy on us. The webex people must be making a killing as they have hoodwinked a whole bunch of marketing types that have never had to carry a bag. What doc in their right mind would schedule time to see a crappy detail piece delivered electronically. A doc with too much time on their hands and very few patients- that’s who!

The docs and public expect us to exploit a human crisis. This is what we have always done. Why not help woth communication, patients materials and samples. Be see as helping not exploiting. Novel idea but and one with DMDP training wont get it. Sad. And embarrassing.

Did anyone catch the "we didnt pull you out of the field Thursday and Friday like other companies because we were working on how to support customers".

I know for a fact AbbVie was not going to pull reps out completely until the other companies did!

I disagree. I think plenty of Dr.s want more information especially about our recent launches and how this virus interacts with them. I'm expecting to have numerous interactions and continue to drive sales- not by asking for them to write but by being there for them during this crisis. We are in the situation where we can really assist our offices- and we should help. I can even see that if some of us get and recover from Covid-19 potentially filling in and helping out with clinic. We are highly trained and could really help out in the right situation (RA, PSA, PSO, AS, IBD) by helping them with triage and treatment choices.

I disagree. I think plenty of Dr.s want more information especially about our recent launches and how this virus interacts with them. I'm expecting to have numerous interactions and continue to drive sales- not by asking for them to write but by being there for them during this crisis. We are in the situation where we can really assist our offices- and we should help. I can even see that if some of us get and recover from Covid-19 potentially filling in and helping out with clinic. We are highly trained and could really help out in the right situation (RA, PSA, PSO, AS, IBD) by helping them with triage and treatment choices.

I can see your point for Humira. Im sure you will get calls and questions, with no answers; but you are making yourself available which is great. I doubt anyone will want to do a webex to hear a Synthroid detail!

“.... I can even see that if some of us get and recover from Covid-19 potentially filling in and helping out with clinic. We are highly trained and could really help out in the right situation (RA, PSA, PSO, AS, IBD) by helping them with triage and treatment choices.”

We do very different jobs and have very different training. And you sound like a medical provider with that answer, which gets you and the company sued. “...helping out with clinic”???? I cater lunches and sell pills. I’m
not a nurse, medical assistant or even a receptionist. I’m a drug rep, and a pretty good one, too. But I’m not going to volunteer to help in a clinic unless they need me to get pizza.

Answering questions about my drug and Covid-19? Does my drug interact with Covid-19? No fucking clue. That virus just came from a Chinese bat so it wasn’t included in the trial. Maybe I can ask this really smart Humira rep?

This stinks of Abbvie pushing their "agenda" on our customers. Tread lighty my friends. Our leadership is totally out of touch with the customer. Preserve your relationships. Period. End of rant.

AbbVie paid attention! The web detailing and the ask to roll that out right away was ridiculous.

They listened to us and the "check in" calls are definitely more sensitive to the offices. Thanks AbbVie!

“.... I can even see that if some of us get and recover from Covid-19 potentially filling in and helping out with clinic. We are highly trained and could really help out in the right situation (RA, PSA, PSO, AS, IBD) by helping them with triage and treatment choices.”

We do very different jobs and have very different training. And you sound like a medical provider with that answer, which gets you and the company sued. “...helping out with clinic”???? I cater lunches and sell pills. I’m
not a nurse, medical assistant or even a receptionist. I’m a drug rep, and a pretty good one, too. But I’m not going to volunteer to help in a clinic unless they need me to get pizza.

Answering questions about my drug and Covid-19? Does my drug interact with Covid-19? No fucking clue. That virus just came from a Chinese bat so it wasn’t included in the trial. Maybe I can ask this really smart Humira rep?
I agree with all of this except this virus was designed by that demon BILL GATES..

We are definitely trained well enough in our disease states to see some of the easier patients. Think of a triage at the office. Sooner or later the MA's and RN's are going to come down with covid-19 and be out for 3 weeks. If one of us gets this china flu and after the self quarantine gets the OK- no reason we couldn't help out. I could easily do a skin cancer screening in one of my dermatology offices- leaving him to do more pressing cases. I check my kid every 6 months- I was the one that found a suspcious mole and suggested to his Dr. that it be removed. Same thing across many of the disease states we call on. MA's and RN's aren't any better trained then we are. Have more confidence in your knowledge brother!

No reason one of our Rheumatology reps couldn't do some of the follow up visits on a PSA or RA patient- its really not that hard. Could even get them on a different regime if it wasn't working- or at least suggest one to the Dr. to make it easier on him while he is treating a Lupus patient. A RN or MA could never do that. But even if they could they will be out sick. This is a unprecedented time where we can help our our offices in a way that has never been done before!

We are definitely trained well enough in our disease states to see some of the easier patients. Think of a triage at the office. Sooner or later the MA's and RN's are going to come down with covid-19 and be out for 3 weeks. If one of us gets this china flu and after the self quarantine gets the OK- no reason we couldn't help out. I could easily do a skin cancer screening in one of my dermatology offices- leaving him to do more pressing cases. I check my kid every 6 months- I was the one that found a suspcious mole and suggested to his Dr. that it be removed. Same thing across many of the disease states we call on. MA's and RN's aren't any better trained then we are. Have more confidence in your knowledge brother!

No reason one of our Rheumatology reps couldn't do some of the follow up visits on a PSA or RA patient- its really not that hard. Could even get them on a different regime if it wasn't working- or at least suggest one to the Dr. to make it easier on him while he is treating a Lupus patient. A RN or MA could never do that. But even if they could they will be out sick. This is a unprecedented time where we can help our our offices in a way that has never been done before!

Good God some of you Humira people are arrogant.

Absurd or naive?

How do we find success engaging customers remotely when it is our ONLY option? Here are 2 ideas: 1. Focus first & most where you have the best relationships. Those people will likely be the easiest to get in touch with & stay in touch with. Make sure whenever you connect with them you start by checking on them personally given the nature of how this virus is impacting lives. Also have a succinct but relevant business reason for the call. Don’t be afraid to treat this as any other discussion you would ordinarily have with this customer. 2. Secondly, when you are reaching out to customers that you don’t have a great relationship with try building one with them with your first several calls, ESPECIALLY with the gatekeepers. Use these opportunities to be a resource to them & their business. Look for ways to do unexpected, thoughtful acts that separate you from the other people that call on them that during this period will likely do nothing. Whatever you do during this period that is helpful to your customers will be remembered for a long time.

How do we find success engaging customers remotely when it is our ONLY option? Here are 2 ideas: 1. Focus first & most where you have the best relationships. Those people will likely be the easiest to get in touch with & stay in touch with. Make sure whenever you connect with them you start by checking on them personally given the nature of how this virus is impacting lives. Also have a succinct but relevant business reason for the call. Don’t be afraid to treat this as any other discussion you would ordinarily have with this customer. 2. Secondly, when you are reaching out to customers that you don’t have a great relationship with try building one with them with your first several calls, ESPECIALLY with the gatekeepers. Use these opportunities to be a resource to them & their business. Look for ways to do unexpected, thoughtful acts that separate you from the other people that call on them that during this period will likely do nothing. Whatever you do during this period that is helpful to your customers will be remembered for a long time.

While we are off volunteer to help out in the office. They can use the help and will welcome it. Expense a m-85 reusable mask on amazon ($85). Use hand sanitizer. Better yet if you have recovered you have nothing to worry about and will be in high demand. I'm going to help out one of bigger offices with processing prior authorizations along with the Walgreens SP rep.