• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Virtual Career Fair

<

I thought it sucked harder than Dallas! Oh well I'm about to light up another doobie down by the lake. I got my medical mary jane card and that's all I care about anyway. I'm a lazy ass anyway. Who is going to hire me from 10 to 2 and pay me full time to smoke a doobie in their company car. Thanks Abbvie for the last 10 years of a free ride!

Signed ,

Former Wa state cardio care rep!

Personally, I thought it was just ok. I like the format, but the substance was lacking and the timeline could have been laid out better. The two webinar sessions should have been accomplished prior to the "live" time with the attending companies, rather than pulling people away during the limited time for engagement.

A few other thoughts:

- The "open" chat dialogues were entertaining. Seeing the carbon-copy, overzealous, cut-n-paste intros from the same person in every booth--"Hi, I'm ___ ____ and I am very interested in your company...". Really? It should have read "Hi, I'm ___ ___ and I don't care who hires me, I'm just desperate for anyone to call me because I have no idea what I will do without pharma in my life...".

- No idea why those companies bothered to list all those senior executive and non-sales positions. Were they even briefed on who their audience included?

- I doubt more than a handful of the 150+ will get anywhere with what we saw. Probably a fortunate few who found something in their geographic area may be interviewed. The downside, if you look at the boards for those companies, most of them have significant layoff chatter. Anyone hired will probably be right back at this situation in 12-24 months, only with less years of service.