Training

Anonymous

Just accepted CSR position.

What is training like for this position? Simulations, cadaver and animal surgery, role playing.?.?

Tips for studying for test?

Thanks for the help.

<

Before official training begins, you will be sent to an undisclosed location for reprogramming and logic de-sensitization. It's the only way you're brain will tolerate the amount of kool aid you'll be swimming in.

You've sold your soul to the devil...

No simulations or surgery. Lots & lots & LOTS of role playing. 5 weeks in Sunnyvale, CA. Lot's of tests. They will give you all the study material. CAST is way easier than when I went through 5 years ago. You'll have lots of existing CSR's that have been reps for 6 mos and will come and present their experiences and how to properly sell. They think they're experts after 6 mos. They don't know shit. They'll act as if selling single site chole to a surgeon is easy as long as you master the pitch and follow the TTP (you'll learn what this is...). Ugh, there is ZERO clinical data to support the added cost of a SS chole.

I hate to say it, but you made a very bad decision. This has turned into a $150K gig, you'll work 14 hour days and your options won't be worth shit at the current stock price. Enjoy making $2.00/hour!

welcome to the mind fuck.

you're in it now. smile. study. don't have fun at training. don't overeat, oversleep, talk too much, listen not enough, don't do anything that may draw attention to you. Where dark suits, never browns, greens. Do wear cufflinks, have a snazzy watch, drive a car you will have to defend at some point with a customer. Do study hard, don't say it is easy. Do act like every interaction you have with anyone not at your level is an interview. Do treat each activity as you will be judged for your entire career at ISI. Don't disagree. Do vomit up all the sales jargon you have role played when you are in the field with mgmt. DO spend more time sharing good stories that you have created with customers to show the "group" that you are making a difference than what is really occurring in the field. Do apologize to your spouse for missing that. Do apologize for family and friends for not attending that>>>> bc you cant take vacation in the last month of a quarter, or around a national meeting, or if you are not trending well in your number. DO live in 90 life cycles. Don't think you have a job in 91 days. Don't trust anyone. Don't believe it when management asks for feedback. Do believe you may make good money. Don't believe it will be anywhere near what it used to be. Do know your manager will make or break you so it is the luck of the draw. Do know that promotions come from a combo of luck and mindless ass kissing. Do know that you will be sold down the river the moment your direct report is in jeopardy. DO know that the only HONORABLE people in the org are in engineering and RD. Do know that the product is very reliable and the only reason the company is as amazing as it is.

Do know that a life can be had in Med device w/o ISI where you can make great money and balance it all in the process.

Thank you for the feedback.

I just came from position I worked 6pm to 6am with wed and Thursday off. No weekends off for 4 years.

What is training like besides role playing? What's the format?

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback.

I just came from position I worked 6pm to 6am with wed and Thursday off. No weekends off for 4 years.

What is training like besides role playing? What's the format?

Thanks

Welcome to ISI. Don't let the haters scare you- their bark is worse than the bite. Talk with the trainers. They've changed CAST alot since most on this site went through. They'll tell you what and how to prepare. Yes, you'll do lots of role playing, lots of time on the sytem.

Not the normal hire i know. I was an air traffic controller for major airport in TX. (Prior to that long ago sold for xerox)I got tired of the weekend work. Very stressful. Great pay just working a 1/2 a second and third shift every night for years with no weekends off grew tiring.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Why would you not ask these questions during the interview process? You must have had atleast 5 chances to get the answer to all your questions. Training...yeah good luck with that.

Word of advice
Stop looking and posting at this site
I am sure that there will not be too many air traffic controllers at cast.
And surely someone will have a problem with Isi ppl posting here.

Sure glad you left the last job bc of stress.

Air traffic controllers, wow

Didn't this organization just lay off like 100 seasoned reps?

Wow. I heard that is one of most stressful job in America (non military).

No wonder you worked so many hours. Airports never shut down!!

My father was a pilot and had to do some training in the traffic control tower. He said being a pilot was much easier than being in the tower.

Welcome to intuitive!

welcome to the mind fuck.

you're in it now. smile. study. don't have fun at training. don't overeat, oversleep, talk too much, listen not enough, don't do anything that may draw attention to you. Where dark suits, never browns, greens. Do wear cufflinks, have a snazzy watch, drive a car you will have to defend at some point with a customer. Do study hard, don't say it is easy. Do act like every interaction you have with anyone not at your level is an interview. Do treat each activity as you will be judged for your entire career at ISI. Don't disagree. Do vomit up all the sales jargon you have role played when you are in the field with mgmt. DO spend more time sharing good stories that you have created with customers to show the "group" that you are making a difference than what is really occurring in the field. Do apologize to your spouse for missing that. Do apologize for family and friends for not attending that>>>> bc you cant take vacation in the last month of a quarter, or around a national meeting, or if you are not trending well in your number. DO live in 90 life cycles. Don't think you have a job in 91 days. Don't trust anyone. Don't believe it when management asks for feedback. Do believe you may make good money. Don't believe it will be anywhere near what it used to be. Do know your manager will make or break you so it is the luck of the draw. Do know that promotions come from a combo of luck and mindless ass kissing. Do know that you will be sold down the river the moment your direct report is in jeopardy. DO know that the only HONORABLE people in the org are in engineering and RD. Do know that the product is very reliable and the only reason the company is as amazing as it is.

Do know that a life can be had in Med device w/o ISI where you can make great money and balance it all in the process.

Could not agree more about how your manager will make or break you. I worked in Texas and was saddled with one of the worst ones in the country, BK.

Air traffic controllers, JR in TX hiring an air conditioning guy cause he was a fellow Aggie... puke - that quit 1 week into CAST. The truth of the matter is... fire the senior reps at 240+ k at plan and rehire non seniors at 200 to save a buck. You can make it!

Remember:
Sell your soul
Apologize a lot for never having the right answer
And memorize these words, "wow, thanks for the feedback. That's a fantastic idea. I will implement that immediately"

Disclosure: this may or may not save your job.

Thank you all for your feedback. I figured I'd give it my best and I can always go back to being an air traffic controller.

I am excited to go through the training and see how it compares to becoming and air traffic controller. (The difficulty)

Thanks for all your feedback

I stumbled onto this site while researching this position. I am interviewing for a position also and my background is not the "standard" hire.

I have been doing contract military work overseas and had recently returned home to only be recommended by a good friend in the industry.

I am ex Navy Seal and interviewers were impressed about my medical expertise. "Nothing like having to control your team member's bleeding while shots being fired over you.

The reps on this board say this job is stressful. Does the company hire many ex Special Forces? I can't think of any job being more stressful than my time as a Navy Seal.

What do you current reps think?

First, thank you for your service. I mean it.

If I understand you, you have no experience selling, being in a hospital/OR, working in the private sector, calling on the C-suite, pressing MDs to use your tool over a better, safer more cost effective option? Perfect, ISI will take you. BUt why? If they are the best, shouldn't they be able to recruit the best, most experienced, proven sales killers out there...and be able to keep them? Yes they should, but they can't.

That said, you deserve better. Don't go into this thinking "I know how to handle myself in a stressful environment..." while that is very useful experience, it doesn't need to be like that.

2 cents.

Correct no experience in the environments you mentioned. No matter what environment you come from Sales or Seals its all about the individual. Everybody is in "sales". Rather your trying to sell your demolition unit to set the explosive to 2 min versus 1 minute or trying to sell a suregon to use the robot, it's all about getting people to do something they don't want to do or getting them to do something new. It's never easy!

I have no B2B selling exp, but I do have domestic and foreign negogiation training from West Point. However every mission your on you are constantly "selling" your tactical plan to higher ranking officers for approval.

Trust me they micromanage every minute of the operation from an earpiece seeing every step you make!!! I don't think some people really know what a micromanager is until every move you make and everyword you say is broadcasted to a entire room of micromanagers.

I am just excited to join this company and see how it goes.