Tom Lyon

That vaccine division Is full of bad leadership. Maybe now that there was a mass exodus of higher ups people won’t let the bullies stay and torment people. But, seriously why let this guy get under your skin for this long? Leave

What i don’t understand is why they have let people like CB continue to stay around and destroy soooo many peoples careers and lie and manipulate everyone. That lady is toxic and has created such a terrible environment. The RMD that promoted her and that continues to allow it should be ashamed of herself. The CTL’s that sit around around and let their reps be pushed around lose productivity. The lack of collaboration with the MSL’s because of her. The lost opportunities with former colleagues, shall I continue. Corruption surrounds Merck vaccines…until they retire or leave.

Wow TL. You're consistently willing to make your reps do unpaid, extra assignments, work after hours and kiss up to you constantly only to pass them over when they interview for better positions in your region to people who have left Merck. What a great message you're sending to your region. Work exceptionally hard for TL to the point you have no life with no extra incentive only to be pushed aside for quitters. No wonder tenured folks are leaving left and right from your region. What a cowardly way to lead and destroy employee morale. It's possible that the reason you have lower back problem is because you lack a strong spine. Pathetic.

We've all read about Tom on CP for years - what an embarrassment for vaccines. I only recently had the opportunity to meet this guy (I'm at hq) and what a condescending and pompous d-bag. I now understand what people have been saying for years. Go get him TJ, time for him to go!

TL is intimidated by confident males. He only hire managers that he can intimidate. He was an awkward nerd in highschool proteced by his dad and he's under the delusion he's a great leader. He's driven off a lot of really good Merck folks. He has no life other than his director position and he's too insecure to be open to other people's advice. I actually feel sorry for him.

Word is TL is in fact being considered for promotion!

He needs to go. He's willing to hire outsiders over people who report to him that he pressures and puts through the ringer to do extra work under the guise of possible promotion. It's very demotivating and toxic for company morale of loyal Merck employees.

It would be great to see Tom try and take on a new role bc he would fail miserably. Even a DCO job in a different division. People would figure him out and realize he's a terrible leader and lacks basic strategic thinking skills. What is Pla waiting for, why hasn't he moved out the old and brought in some fresh talent??

It would be great to see Tom try and take on a new role bc he would fail miserably. Even a DCO job in a different division. People would figure him out and realize he's a terrible leader and lacks basic strategic thinking skills. What is Pla waiting for, why hasn't he moved out the old and brought in some fresh talent??

TL kisses up well to his boss while he makes his region do all his dirty work so he can present BS presentations showing how great things are for his region. He's also being protected by a couple of hire up folks. He's never had to take the typical Merck path to get into management. He got moved up fast without the experience or going to headquarters thanks to his connections. Now he's stuck because many know he's an arrogant, one trick pony and they can't push him out so he'll rot in Vaccines and make his region miserable in the process.

TL kisses up well to his boss while he makes his region do all his dirty work so he can present BS presentations showing how great things are for his region. He's also being protected by a couple of hire up folks. He's never had to take the typical Merck path to get into management. He got moved up fast without the experience or going to headquarters thanks to his connections. Now he's stuck because many know he's an arrogant, one trick pony and they can't push him out so he'll rot in Vaccines and make his region miserable in the process.
I never had a problem with him. A good, caring man. A great leader, motivator and person. People who don’t like him are scared of work. I can’t tell you how many people he has given second and third chances. Don’t confuse confidence with arrogance. He is very humble.

I never had a problem with him. A good, caring man. A great leader, motivator and person. People who don’t like him are scared of work. I can’t tell you how many people he has given second and third chances. Don’t confuse confidence with arrogance. He is very humble.
Agree, lot of haters on here that are likely pissed he held them accountable, made them actually work. TL a good dude.

Nobody in upper management wants to deal with him because he's under the misconception that he's the smartest person in the room on every topic. Obviously, this far from true. He's trapped.

These threads are around for a reason. TL did a lot of people dirty. The good news his boss doesn't like him and he's getting a taste of his own medicine. You reap what you sow.

He needs to go. He's willing to hire outsiders over people who report to him that he pressures and puts through the ringer to do extra work under the guise of possible promotion. It's very demotivating and toxic for company morale of loyal Merck employees.

Dude is stuck. Nobody wants him anywhere else in Merck. They know he's toxic.