• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

To My Former Roche Colleagues

Anonymous

Don't for one second you think you're still GNE. You're not. The foundation of Genentech was originally personified as a "high academic," environment that was a more of an element of scientific rigor than a business. It became a failed dream to combine the google and subsequent Silicon Valley world with your world. All you did was create a consensus culture where MBAs from one BIG program lick the ass from another. What this creates is a world where "group thought," reigns supreme and "initiatives," are created to justify headcount. Now if I have a masters from __somewhere special__ without any relevant experience AND I spent 3 months at ZS or BAIN, I can be a GPM/AD and make crucial decisions that not only effect patient lives, but those who have relevant experience to the particular brand. Oh, but we get to wear jeans everyday - that means we have that "casual intensity," I was so promised.

What business do you do? You manufacture medicine for "unmet need." Congratulations on that, what actual medicine meets that standard? NAME ONE. (we'll go A-Z)

Actemra (nope)
Activase (nope)
Avastin (nope)
Erivdedge (nope)
Gazyza (nope)
Herceptin (nope)
Kadcyla (nope)
Lucentis (see avastin, nope)
Perjeta (nope)
Pulmozyme (nope)
Rituxan (nope, for everything)
Tamiflu (maybe)
Tarceva (ha)
Xolair (nope)
Zelboraf (nope)

YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS
______

Esbriet (nope)
PDL-1 (nope)
ALK-inh (nope)
AFD (nope)
______

So, unmet need. Hmmmn.

The diabolical vampire of Swiss Culture is inside you like a rabid viral vector. It's there and won't go away. Have fun getting sucked dry. Your lawyers won't budge, and the ability to compete, nay - sell, will become more non-existent as you continue to worship:

Patient presentations at meetings
Leadership sob stories at meetings
Cool music acts at meetings (Jay Leno! Bon Jovi, PitBull)
Shitty music acts at meetings (John Mellencamp, Nickelback)
More patient presentations at meetings
Stupid non-aware marketers at meetings

Just bury your head in the sand and smile. YOU HAVING FUN YET?

Perhaps finished with enough to comment on. Please, you asshole, weak-minded and feeble GNE christians don't bother. I know, your jobs are great, you are well paid and your lord loves you....

<

The top MBA's are doing a excellent job. The field sales organization may cost more to keep running verses the sales they bring per territory. Excellent job of empire building.

Don't for one second you think you're still GNE. You're not. The foundation of Genentech was originally personified as a "high academic," environment that was a more of an element of scientific rigor than a business. It became a failed dream to combine the google and subsequent Silicon Valley world with your world. All you did was create a consensus culture where MBAs from one BIG program lick the ass from another. What this creates is a world where "group thought," reigns supreme and "initiatives," are created to justify headcount. Now if I have a masters from __somewhere special__ without any relevant experience AND I spent 3 months at ZS or BAIN, I can be a GPM/AD and make crucial decisions that not only effect patient lives, but those who have relevant experience to the particular brand. Oh, but we get to wear jeans everyday - that means we have that "casual intensity," I was so promised.

What business do you do? You manufacture medicine for "unmet need." Congratulations on that, what actual medicine meets that standard? NAME ONE. (we'll go A-Z)

Actemra (nope)
Activase (nope)
Avastin (nope)
Erivdedge (nope)
Gazyza (nope)
Herceptin (nope)
Kadcyla (nope)
Perjeta (nope)
Pulmozyme (nope)
Tamiflu (maybe)
Tarceva (ha)
Xolair (nope)
Zelboraf (nope)

YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS
______

Esbriet (nope)
PDL-1 (nope)
ALK-inh (nope)
AFD (nope)
______

So, unmet need. Hmmmn.

The diabolical vampire of Swiss Culture is inside you like a rabid viral vector. It's there and won't go away. Have fun getting sucked dry. Your lawyers won't budge, and the ability to compete, nay - sell, will become more non-existent as you continue to worship:

Perhaps finished with enough to comment on. Please, you asshole, weak-minded and feeble GNE christians don't bother. I know, your jobs are great, you are well paid and your lord loves you....

You feel better now sparky?

Wow this is some really sore hurt sole. This is and always was a business friend. Your illusion never was. As for all that stuff you mocked, well your going to miss it because the bad world out there will throw you bad it systems, no support, no benefits anywhere near what the Swiss are giving now. Do yourself a favor and stop being bitter.

Looking for reps out of Baltimore area. We know they will loot and burn their own neighborhood for no reason. So they will have no fear in going back to clinics and hospitals we have been locked out of.

Actemra (nope)
Activase (nope)
Avastin (nope)
Erivdedge (nope)
Gazyza (nope)
Herceptin (nope)
Kadcyla (nope)
Perjeta (nope)
Pulmozyme (nope)
Tamiflu (maybe)
Tarceva (ha)
Xolair (nope)
Zelboraf (nope)

YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS
______

Esbriet (nope)
PDL-1 (nope)
ALK-inh (nope)
AFD (nope)
______

So, unmet need. Hmmmn.

Actemra (nope)
Activase (nope)
Avastin (nope)
Erivdedge (nope)
Gazyza (nope)
Herceptin (nope)
Kadcyla (nope)
Perjeta (nope)
Pulmozyme (nope)
Tamiflu (maybe)
Tarceva (ha)
Xolair (nope)
Zelboraf (nope)

YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS
______

Esbriet (nope)
PDL-1 (nope)
ALK-inh (nope)
AFD (nope)
______

So, unmet need. Hmmmn.

Damn. Still pissed off that Roche bought your ass? Genentech could not make it out of the 80s without Roche's venture capitalism. They just finished you off with the total acquisition. Things are run out of Basel, not Frisco.

Damn. Still pissed off that Roche bought your ass? Genentech could not make it out of the 80s without Roche's venture capitalism. They just finished you off with the total acquisition. Things are run out of Basel, not Frisco.

The BIGGEST joke was that roaches from Basel allowed the goons from GNE to sort of take control only to see that the goons were all TALK and totally inept. Out went Pat, Pinion, etc. and only senior GNE honchos still hanging on are Ann and Tim (who threw his DS and DP heads of Roche under the bus earlier this year).

And the reliable rumor I hear out of roachland is that they're sharpening the knives as it cost hell of lot more to fire people in Basel/MH/KAU/PB. Yep it's gonna be interesting thousand cuts in SSF.