• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Three day field rides

anonymous

Are three field rides a punishment or just normal for all of AbbVie?

At my previous company a field ride for more than one day was reserved only for the brand new or the poorest performers.

<

Are three field rides a punishment or just normal for all of AbbVie?

At my previous company a field ride for more than one day was reserved only for the brand new or the poorest performers.

if your manager is working with you for two or three consecutive days then you have been identified as poor performing. No manager that values their sales reps works with them for more than 1 day

Managers that are in the field all the time lack the industriousness to make their own contributions to the business.

These lazy managers use the crutch of being chauffeured around all day as their reason why they can’t make unique contributions. These paper pushers have convinced themselves that they are needed and helpful.

I would rather wear a GPS tracker around my neck than have a useless douche with me 3 days out of the month where I have to pretend to be interested in their blabbering nonsense and juvenile suggestions.

Managers that are in the field all the time lack the industriousness to make their own contributions to the business.

These lazy managers use the crutch of being chauffeured around all day as their reason why they can’t make unique contributions. These paper pushers have convinced themselves that they are needed and helpful.

I would rather wear a GPS tracker around my neck than have a useless douche with me 3 days out of the month where I have to pretend to be interested in their blabbering nonsense and juvenile suggestions.
more of these are coming you lazy reps...no more stuffing yourselves at Panera all day-try and sell you cowards

three day field rides? Omg. Thank god I've not had one of those.

The number of offices that allow reps in is diminishing fast. And most of the offices that still do are just one bad rep interaction (or patient complaint about reps) away from shutting them out too. So, to think that here are still Pharma companies that think it's totally reasonable to send a second person (sales mgr, field-trainer, HQ rep, etc..) into the office with the rep is totally baffling. As one doctor-friend told me, "Conduct your *&^% training somewhere else! We're treating patients here - not running a Rep Sales Training Classroom!"

And since no rep wants to show up with a mgr unannounced, most reps spend several days setting up the field ride day so they stand a better chance of getting time w/ a doc. So the days you spend setting up are not terribly productive. And in the end, it's usually the same handful of docs you end up seeing w your mgr. And why is that? Because most docs find the idea of spending time w/ mgrs to be total non-starter.

In the end, field rides (of ANY duration!) do little to improve rep performance but go a long way toward jeopardizing access and damaging HCP relationships.

So dumb. Keep doin' what you're doin' Abbvie! ..Your'e whistling past the graveyard.

three day field rides? Omg. Thank god I've not had one of those.

The number of offices that allow reps in is diminishing fast. And most of the offices that still do are just one bad rep interaction (or patient complaint about reps) away from shutting them out too. So, to think that here are still Pharma companies that think it's totally reasonable to send a second person (sales mgr, field-trainer, HQ rep, etc..) into the office with the rep is totally baffling. As one doctor-friend told me, "Conduct your *&^% training somewhere else! We're treating patients here - not running a Rep Sales Training Classroom!"

And since no rep wants to show up with a mgr unannounced, most reps spend several days setting up the field ride day so they stand a better chance of getting time w/ a doc. So the days you spend setting up are not terribly productive. And in the end, it's usually the same handful of docs you end up seeing w your mgr. And why is that? Because most docs find the idea of spending time w/ mgrs to be total non-starter.

In the end, field rides (of ANY duration!) do little to improve rep performance but go a long way toward jeopardizing access and damaging HCP relationships.

So dumb. Keep doin' what you're doin' Abbvie! ..Your'e whistling past the graveyard.

SPOT ON!!!!