Third Party Company Checking Calls/Times

Well said. All of those reps who are buying the dream of no layoffs should just click their heels and say three times that theres no place like home. Wishful thinking I guess. It is sad to see people not understand that the days of the 6 figure pharmaceutical rep are almost gone and they are going down with the ship. To quote Trump, Sad, Vey Sad.

Stop being lazy and look for another more rewarding job. They are out there. Why just feel sorry for yourself and continue the denial? I will be leaving in August for a better opportunity, There are alot of jobs out there right now that will allow you to feel good about what you do on a daily basis. You dont always have to check boxes and wonder if you going to get fired before the next layoffs.

This environment has become so toxic. Keytruda is the only positive thing that we have going for us right now, and it sounds like the oncology div is being managed into the ground now.

Gospel

Well said. All of those reps who are buying the dream of no layoffs should just click their heels and say three times that theres no place like home. Wishful thinking I guess. It is sad to see people not understand that the days of the 6 figure pharmaceutical rep are almost gone and they are going down with the ship. To quote Trump, Sad, Vey Sad.

Stop being lazy and look for another more rewarding job. They are out there. Why just feel sorry for yourself and continue the denial? I will be leaving in August for a better opportunity, There are alot of jobs out there right now that will allow you to feel good about what you do on a daily basis. You dont always have to check boxes and wonder if you going to get fired before the next layoffs.

This environment has become so toxic. Keytruda is the only positive thing that we have going for us right now, and it sounds like the oncology div is being managed into the ground now.

Pharmas paying more than ever. Where you been...oh that’s right, unemployed last 5 years.

Pharmas paying more than ever. Where you been...oh that’s right, unemployed last 5 years.

Is that the best youve got? Lol. Apparently you have not looked at job boards in years. Keep being delusional and hold on to your dream. You should probably get a managers job at your local blockbuster or toys r us. Good luck old man.

Is that the best youve got? Lol. Apparently you have not looked at job boards in years. Keep being delusional and hold on to your dream. You should probably get a managers job at your local blockbuster or toys r us. Good luck old man.

Cuts a comin! PC CC will be decimated along with MAD's. Vaccines to be hit too although not as bad.

There is a reason Chronic Care job posts now begin with "this entry level position......". Riad will no longer entertain pc reps earning over 85k, analytics show: 50% earn over 130k, 25% 98 - 130k, the remaining 25% over 145k and under 98k. If you are in the first bucket over 130k salary in cc then your papers are a comin near Halloween, guaranteed. They also look at company revenue per employee and Merck is the lowest in the 400k range. Even BMS is nearing 1 million per employee and of course biotechs are well over a million. Riad will NO longer have overpaid reps drive around and drop outdated products/samples while getting a car, pension, bonus, benes, etc. He will no longer put up with bogus jobs either so listen up managed markets. No more field NAE's, all to be consolidated and done in house, period.

You thought things were bad in years past, this fall will be of epic proportions. Get your affairs in order pronto and I mean yesterday!

Cuts a comin! PC CC will be decimated along with MAD's. Vaccines to be hit too although not as bad.

There is a reason Chronic Care job posts now begin with "this entry level position......". Riad will no longer entertain pc reps earning over 85k, analytics show: 50% earn over 130k, 25% 98 - 130k, the remaining 25% over 145k and under 98k. If you are in the first bucket over 130k salary in cc then your papers are a comin near Halloween, guaranteed. They also look at company revenue per employee and Merck is the lowest in the 400k range. Even BMS is nearing 1 million per employee and of course biotechs are well over a million. Riad will NO longer have overpaid reps drive around and drop outdated products/samples while getting a car, pension, bonus, benes, etc. He will no longer put up with bogus jobs either so listen up managed markets. No more field NAE's, all to be consolidated and done in house, period.

You thought things were bad in years past, this fall will be of epic proportions. Get your affairs in order pronto and I mean yesterday!

Anyone in this business knows this makes sense! Will it happen? That is yet to be determined unless you are a true insider.

No access for years has meant that most days have been spent 'checking the box' calls with a lunch thrown in (we all know the drill ,, lunch with large group practice...maybe a doc or 2 comes in and 'signs' we record that as 6-7 calls since there's 12 target docs in the bldg...one more window signature down the street and our day is done)

your manager knows the drill but their job depends on you having a job and this just goes up the corporate food chain to executive levels... its not until the revenue starts to tighten , when somebody in the finance dept starts looking harder at the Sales Dept numbers...then you know what rolls down hill next

No access for years has meant that most days have been spent 'checking the box' calls with a lunch thrown in (we all know the drill ,, lunch with large group practice...maybe a doc or 2 comes in and 'signs' we record that as 6-7 calls since there's 12 target docs in the bldg...one more window signature down the street and our day is done)

your manager knows the drill but their job depends on you having a job and this just goes up the corporate food chain to executive levels... its not until the revenue starts to tighten , when somebody in the finance dept starts looking harder at the Sales Dept numbers...then you know what rolls down hill next
The notices go out October first still limited time to get resumes out and beat the mob

Had coffee with one of my physicians this morning. He told me that a vendor stopped by his office on Wednesday and offered $500 to answer a five point questionnaire concerning me. He answered and they wrote a check on the spot. Interesting!

Not sure if I am buying any of this. I don't know of a single office that would remember what reps were there and when.

This is the beginning of layoffs at the end of the year. Get your resume's ready and goodd luck as this happens every year and another way to week out the people who aren't working. It happens to everyone eventually. The gravy train is over sad to say.

This is the beginning of layoffs at the end of the year. Get your resume's ready and goodd luck as this happens every year and another way to week out the people who aren't working. It happens to everyone eventually. The gravy train is over sad to say.
I observed a Merck manager in one of my PC accounts yesterday inguiring about one of his reps that reported a call last week.
The receptionist informed him that reps are not allowed to contact the physicians and they have not seen a Merck rep on months.
I assume that rep will soon be history

I worked with a guy that that reported many calls that he never made and Merck never caught him. In fact one doctor had left the state to practice across the country 3 weeks earlier and he also reported a false call and again never got caught. It is good that Merck confirms calls to stop this abuse. They should confirm every call the same way they confirm signatures by mail.

Merck can offer incentives for docs to monitor reps on a regular basis.

More and more offices are keeping business cards and stamping them with the date while you are there or after you leave. Be careful. They are checking!

Offices in the past used to get books by keeping "marketing" records from competitive reps calls. Under the guise of knowing what reps are calling on which doctors they basicly are surveilling reps.

The entire Industry is one big lie. Not just at MRK but every where. Everyone is fudging calls, w/ a call requirement of 6-8 calls per day my guess is that 2-3 are real the others are all fudge. Anyone who is telling you they are seeing all MDs all day long are blatant lying. Management knows this and can get anyone at any given time.

Doctors and their staff have enough to do, why would they track and report reps? And why for free? And if they did track and report on reps and calls how reliable would that be anyway? Most people can't remember what they had for breakfast. I don't know of a single doctor or office staff that would want to be put in the ugly position of negatively reporting on another person, particularly if that person's livelihood is at question. Any company who would do that to their customers, put them in such an ugly position, would be stupid. It would be a PR nightmare. Who comes up with such stupid theories?

Doctors and their staff have enough to do, why would they track and report reps? And why for free? And if they did track and report on reps and calls how reliable would that be anyway? Most people can't remember what they had for breakfast. I don't know of a single doctor or office staff that would want to be put in the ugly position of negatively reporting on another person, particularly if that person's livelihood is at question. Any company who would do that to their customers, put them in such an ugly position, would be stupid. It would be a PR nightmare. Who comes up with such stupid theories?
You are so out of touch with reality that I laugh at the stupidity! The reporting takes place all over the country everyday managed by professional services. And yes people get reimbursed for the effort.

The entire Industry is one big lie. Not just at MRK but every where. Everyone is fudging calls, w/ a call requirement of 6-8 calls per day my guess is that 2-3 are real the others are all fudge. Anyone who is telling you they are seeing all MDs all day long are blatant lying. Management knows this and can get anyone at any given time.

this is exactly right...and they want it this way on purpose...the whole thing is a complete charade, but if you drink the Kool Aid or are a hot chick sleeping with your boss, they look the other way at the people who collect a paycheck and don't work...

They can get anyone at anytime if they want...terrible industry now...one huge lie...