• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

The stock price

The stock value over the past 15 years should tell you exactly who we are. Those that put all the blame on AB are missing the point.
I think the people placing primary blame on AB have a point. He is CEO. The role of CEO is to grow company value and employee people who will drive that growth. AB has been at the helm for several years now, including years where PFE booked billions in covid product sales. PFE is below the share price and company value than it was when he took over.
If the blame is not with AB, then it is with others that he has allowed to mismanage and waste opportunities. In other words, the issue flows back to him.

So Dolston is stepping down. Not sure he is the biggest issue or him leaving is the biggest solution. He stayed 15 years with this crap show, so he stayed longer than most after Wyeth

So Dolston is stepping down. Not sure he is the biggest issue or him leaving is the biggest solution. He stayed 15 years with this crap show, so he stayed longer than most after Wyeth
People talking about his great legacy, lol. Has to be the worst 15 years of R&D output for a large pharma company in history. But agree, he’s not the biggest problem, its people like AB, Sussman that need to go.

People talking about his great legacy, lol. Has to be the worst 15 years of R&D output for a large pharma company in history. But agree, he’s not the biggest problem, its people like AB, Sussman that need to go.
Our R&D team's output since 1996 has been severely lacking. If it wasnt for PD's Lipitor, and Pharmacia's oncology and COX-2 franchises, we would be like one of those small companies that hoard deposed Pfizer managers, like Sumitomo, Sunovion, Lundbeck and Eisai.

PFE within striking distance of $30. Need to add about 10% more to get the next expiring stock options above water.
Go back and read that. That means PFE is about 10% below where we were a decade ago. Mismanagement and lack of focus do that

PFE within striking distance of $30. Need to add about 10% more to get the next expiring stock options above water.
Go back and read that. That means PFE is about 10% below where we were a decade ago. Mismanagement and lack of focus do that
It really is ridiculous. Launches, acquisitions, new CEO, new CFO, “moonshot” vaccines, etc. In the same decade,the Dow has doubles and NASDAQ has nearly quadrupled. PFE, a dedicated healthcare company, has declined. Absurd

It really is ridiculous. Launches, acquisitions, new CEO, new CFO, “moonshot” vaccines, etc. In the same decade,the Dow has doubles and NASDAQ has nearly quadrupled. PFE, a dedicated healthcare company, has declined. Absurd
The company is similar to the New York sports franchises. Yankees...Mets...Knicks...Jets...Whole lotta promise...not much delivered. Similar to Pfizer, each of the sports franchises throws a crazy amount of money at players/projects, and they get the same result. The pieces get changed in and out every year, and nothing changes.

The company is similar to the New York sports franchises. Yankees...Mets...Knicks...Jets...Whole lotta promise...not much delivered. Similar to Pfizer, each of the sports franchises throws a crazy amount of money at players/projects, and they get the same result. The pieces get changed in and out every year, and nothing changes.
Good analogy with one caveat. Those sports teams retain avid fans who will pay crazy prices to support the team. PFE and Wall Street or investors? Not so much

This explains all of the reasons outside the C-Suite debacle....

Here are Big Pharma’s leading blockbuster makers​

Jul. 21, 2024 7:00 AM ETEli Lilly and Company (LLY) Stock, AZN Stock, JNJ Stock, BMY StockAMGN, GILD, GSK, NVS, RHHBY, PFE, NVO, MRK, RHHBF, ABBV, MRNA, BNTXBy: Dulan Lokuwithana, SA News Editor6 Comments
Play(3min)
Medicine and American dollar flat lay

EKIN KIZILKAYA
Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) and AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) have emerged joint winners in a list compiled by pharma analytics firm Evaluate, ranking companies with the most blockbusters approved over the past decade.
The ranking issued last week took into account nearly 200drugs approved by the U.S. FDA between 2014 and 2023 and generated or projected to generate more than $1B in peak annual sales over a 14-year timeframe through 2028.
According to Evaluate’s forecasts, out of 487 drugs approved by the FDA over the past decade, 193 were expected to bring more than $1B in peak-year sales, meaning about 39% of new drugs had the potential to become blockbusters.
Eli Lilly (LLY) and Astra (AZN) were the most successful in developing blockbusters, winning FDA approval for 13 such assets each, while Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) (OTCQX:RHHBF), and Bristol Myers (NYSE:BMY) trailed with ten each.

**=>>>Pfizer (PFE), whose COVID shot Comirnaty developed with BioNTech (BNTX), became the top blockbuster with ~$41.2B in peak sales in 2021, was placed last.<=<=

CMO who came up with that laughing stock Super Bowl ad and that turd of a tag line Out Do Yesterday is out the door today. PFE keeps cleaning up the margins but the main infection still festers. Clean out the c suite, break it up and sell the pieces.
Why does PFE relentlessly claim a segment like vaccines or oncology then suddenly drift off to buy a piece of some other unrelated therapeutic area? No focus
Maybe somehow we can hold over $30 for more than two days. I still think the support level is below that, we’ll see after X dividend.

As a former employee and shareholder I, too, am disappointed in the share price but the dividend is making up for it and I think there are great years ahead.

I believe AB was the best internal CEO candidate in the 2017-2018 run-up to Ian’s retirement. AB was the man for the job with Covid. He is a risk taker and a bit reckless and off-the-cuf. That paid off big time with Covid. Someone like John Young would have been belt and buckles with that and it would not have worked out. That the market then thought it was going to be permanent was clearly a mistake. The windfall money allowed for the Seagen deal which I think will work well. Without it Pfizer’s outlook would been significantly less exciting. Now that Pfizer is “reconfigured” is AB then the right man for a quarter-by-quarter boring rock solid execution? I am dont think so.

Pfizer’s pipeline is more interesting now than ever. I remember launching Toviaz during my rep days. Surely things have improved over that load of shit. MDs tenure was rock solid - remember that turning an a Pharma pipeline around takes a decade.

I think Mcdemott and predesessors created a really rock solid manufacturing network and supply chain. Turn around of Rocky Mount was amazing. Covid vaccine success was just as much manufacturing and supply’s work as R&D and Market Access

As a former employee and shareholder I, too, am disappointed in the share price but the dividend is making up for it and I think there are great years ahead.

I believe AB was the best internal CEO candidate in the 2017-2018 run-up to Ian’s retirement. AB was the man for the job with Covid. He is a risk taker and a bit reckless and off-the-cuf. That paid off big time with Covid. Someone like John Young would have been belt and buckles with that and it would not have worked out. That the market then thought it was going to be permanent was clearly a mistake. The windfall money allowed for the Seagen deal which I think will work well. Without it Pfizer’s outlook would been significantly less exciting. Now that Pfizer is “reconfigured” is AB then the right man for a quarter-by-quarter boring rock solid execution? I am dont think so.

Pfizer’s pipeline is more interesting now than ever. I remember launching Toviaz during my rep days. Surely things have improved over that load of shit. MDs tenure was rock solid - remember that turning an a Pharma pipeline around takes a decade.

I think Mcdemott and predesessors created a really rock solid manufacturing network and supply chain. Turn around of Rocky Mount was amazing. Covid vaccine success was just as much manufacturing and supply’s work as R&D and Market Access
Uhhh…
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) -- Pfizer will close operations at two manufacturing facilities putting more than 200 people out of work.

Certain operations will end at the Rocky Mount facility at 4285 North Wesleyan Boulevard and the Sanford facility on Oak Park Road.

A total of 210 people will lose their jobs due to the facilities shutting down.

The Rocky Mount plant recently reopened after tornado damage in July of 2023.

Couldn’t hold over $30 after ex-dividend. Couldn’t trend from the quarterly beat. Can’t articulate a strategy or rationale for ditching the scientific officer or marketing officer.
In other words, no clarity, no plan and no way to explain why we are below the stock price of a decade ago. It’s time for the Veterinarian and Helpful Hardware man to set up their respective shops in some strip center off the Jersey Turnpike. Less than sideways after a decade is no way to run a publicly held company.

Is there an Elliot Investment Management Group among ownership of PFE stock? Take a look at Southwest Airlines, just what needs to happen at PFE. Loss of more than 50% in LESS than three years after bungling the biggest windfall in all of pharma.
Clean house, develop a plan. DO SOMETHING. Mired at less than $30 is absurd

Reports this morning that Starboard Investment Group has taken a $1B stake in PFE and is looking to drive a turnaround. Further reports are that Ian Read and Frank D’Amelio are getting on board to drive a return to cost management, novel medications and business focus. Finally, some ray of light to correct the miserable mess that PFE has become. Plus, I’m sure that Read and D’Amelio have suffered more than anyone with the crappy performance of PFE driven by the veterinarian and his toadies.
Get rid of AB, the CFO and SS. Drive a focus on business and shelf all distractions that don’t drive results in the near term. Maybe PFE has a chance to break above the decade lows where we are currently mired.