The New Reality of (what's left of) Merck Employees

Sacramento area?

and the San Jose endo guy, did he go to hq? Actual placement or spec assignment? Thought hq placements were frozen and the company uses spec assignments as a third world attempt to not give pay increases but to look good during speeches at region meetings. What is the ROI with these stents? People ever get promoted doing these? Anyone recommend taking a spec assignment?

and the San Jose endo guy, did he go to hq? Actual placement or spec assignment? Thought hq placements were frozen and the company uses spec assignments as a third world attempt to not give pay increases but to look good during speeches at region meetings. What is the ROI with these stents? People ever get promoted doing these? Anyone recommend taking a spec assignment?

Again, the timing of those bailing intrigues me. They all run in the same circles and WHY were they tipped off. Why so many been flying to S San Francisco and LA, are they placing ahead of a deal. Things just seem off lately......?

He left for an exec team role in biotech, good for him.
No surprise as they have put him in 5 positions since 2014. Lost another great legacy person, more will follow, that's the Merck way.
His replacement had better do their homework, enough said.

Merck is known for getting rid of all tenured rep regardless of rankings. So save your money and expect this.

They didn't get rid of anyone, several left on their own recognizing the pay, bonus, and career options are DOA in the lunch delivery biz.
There were many years when no one left, except to retire. The reason so many thousands have left voluntarily in recent years is because they were tired of always anticipating the next layoff or they were being pressured by management to leave. Most were in the latter group. Merck is in trouble and management has taken every move available to reduce our long-term expense profile. I only wish they would do it honestly, rather than treat people so badly.

There were many years when no one left, except to retire. The reason so many thousands have left voluntarily in recent years is because they were tired of always anticipating the next layoff or they were being pressured by management to leave. Most were in the latter group. Merck is in trouble and management has taken every move available to reduce our long-term expense profile. I only wish they would do it honestly, rather than treat people so badly.

Yes yes yes. Also word has gotten out about salary disparity in field sales. There is a guy on my team in the same role as me (s2) and we have been here the same amount of years. He makes 3k more per month salary than I do. That's screwed up

The cheap fleet phucks charge 2 to 4 k plus $150 pm for a larger SUV. All the lunches we do these should be free. Cheap phucks

Quit harping you don't have to pay for a 4 x 4 SUV. Merck offers the Forrester lesbo mobile for free. A whopping 175 horsepower pos ride, do a net search on lesbo rides and this Subie rises to the top for dikes. No surprise since Merck offers benes for same sex partners. G Merck would roll over in his grave if he were here today. What a shathole.

Quit harping you don't have to pay for a 4 x 4 SUV. Merck offers the Forrester lesbo mobile for free. A whopping 175 horsepower pos ride, do a net search on lesbo rides and this Subie rises to the top for dikes. No surprise since Merck offers benes for same sex partners. G Merck would roll over in his grave if he were here today. What a shathole.
George Merck never envisioned libtards like Adam and Kenny Boy being employed here, let alone running the company into the ground.

I highly doubt anyone makes 3 x what another rep with the same time does. Unless you see the pay stub, talk is cheap.

Manager here to say I have reps that started at the same time, one makes 100 and the other 136. Last time I checked that was 3k more per month. The key here is the 100k rep started and stayed in pc sales, the 136k rep moved up and around falling back into pc due to downsizing. I also have a rep around 115k and another at 140k, same scenario. Don't be upset, the disparity as was said is far worse in sales management. You have ctl's at 135k and others easily at 175k plus.

Moving up and around and back makes all the difference. That was NOT explained in the first thread as we were led to believe ALL was the same. It was not as I stand by my previous response.

Manager here to say I have reps that started at the same time, one makes 100 and the other 136. Last time I checked that was 3k more per month. The key here is the 100k rep started and stayed in pc sales, the 136k rep moved up and around falling back into pc due to downsizing. I also have a rep around 115k and another at 140k, same scenario. Don't be upset, the disparity as was said is far worse in sales management. You have ctl's at 135k and others easily at 175k plus.

Exactly. Back in the day one could become a manager and return to a rep position after being in the mgr position for 2yrs.w/o loss of manager salary.
Not sure that's true today.