• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

the axe is going to fall on ...

Be interesting what criteria they use for diplacement. They already weeded out those with 1's dating back to 2008. Legally they would be hard pressed to displace reps who are given 1's this year and it being the only 1 they have received. This opens the door for other ways to reduce the field force which could be the retirement package rumor for the old timers 55+ and 10-15-20 years + of experience.

Displaced on Feb 7th.. No "1" ever. Had a 3/2 in 2008 and a 2/2 in 2009. Pres Club ranked in 2010. It does not matter if you have a 1 or not. 3's and 2's were also marked for displacement as well. 15 years of service.

As far as "10-20-30 yrs of service?" BS! They displaced those as well without an additional package. In next displacement, If they offer more to those of 10 or more years, other than 20 weeks pay, the previous reps displaced with over 10 years will have a hay day in court! Already substantiated by national law firm. N will not offer/part with more money nor will they want to pay more money for litigation and settlements from previous employees displaced.

Work while you can...earn a paycheck while you can....look elsewhere while you are working and getting paid...do not wait until it is too late because many other companies are displacing employees and the market is starting to get saturated. Future salaries offered will plummet due to too many out of work and willing to except less......If you are a high paid mgr., start looking now because they can offer you a rep job for substantially less and if you do not accept, you not only are out of a job but you get no severance.

Good Luck

I know your bitter and I dont blame you and yes the company can displace whoever they want but rumor has it that a retirement package is in the works...the bottom line is the company can do whatever they wish and they surely dont have to be consistent about packages. The Nat law firm is incorrect.

Think about it. If u take out the 1's and the 3's. u probably had 60-80% of company left with 2/2's. That means for a lot of those severed, one of the secondary criteria such as tenure, living in territory, etc.. came into play to decide the fate of some very good reps, like the gentleman above. Good luck to all in the industry, and lets hope it never happens to any of you. Bottom line though is that for many great people, when it's your time, it's your time.

just got my 'BIG-ASS fat check'....and couldn't be happpppier!!!!! There is a God and he chose me to be displaced on Dec 2,2010!! Have a MUCH better job, making more money, have a MUCH better car selection, and am going to FIJI on Novartis!! WOO-HOO!! =D

Displaced on Feb 7th.. No "1" ever. Had a 3/2 in 2008 and a 2/2 in 2009. Pres Club ranked in 2010. It does not matter if you have a 1 or not. 3's and 2's were also marked for displacement as well. 15 years of service.

As far as "10-20-30 yrs of service?" BS! They displaced those as well without an additional package. In next displacement, If they offer more to those of 10 or more years, other than 20 weeks pay, the previous reps displaced with over 10 years will have a hay day in court! Already substantiated by national law firm. N will not offer/part with more money nor will they want to pay more money for litigation and settlements from previous employees displaced.

Work while you can...earn a paycheck while you can....look elsewhere while you are working and getting paid...do not wait until it is too late because many other companies are displacing employees and the market is starting to get saturated. Future salaries offered will plummet due to too many out of work and willing to except less......If you are a high paid mgr., start looking now because they can offer you a rep job for substantially less and if you do not accept, you not only are out of a job but you get no severance.

Good Luck

You are wrong about legal issues when offering a different severance. Please note that companies do no HAVE to pay severance packages. They can lay you off and literally give you nothing. So there is no WINNABLE lawsuit if next severance is better. Now keep in mind, that anyone can file a suit, but winning is something different.

I know your bitter and I dont blame you and yes the company can displace whoever they want but rumor has it that a retirement package is in the works...the bottom line is the company can do whatever they wish and they surely dont have to be consistent about packages. The Nat law firm is incorrect.

FULLY AGREED! Its amazing to me how many drug reps appear to feel a very high sense of entitlement!

FULLY AGREED! Its amazing to me how many drug reps appear to feel a very high sense of entitlement!

entitlement-we drive around talking bullshit delivering trash-literature-overdressd truck drivers. used to be a good job.fun.those days long one.9 blood pressure medicines.9.it is embarrassing,need a new life.

entitlement-we drive around talking bullshit delivering trash-literature-overdressd truck drivers. used to be a good job.fun.those days long one.9 blood pressure medicines.9.it is embarrassing,need a new life.

Yes, entitlement. Think about your description of what you do, and think about what you get paid in salary, car, bonus, etc. Then think about how many hours you actual work. I mean honestly work.

Let's talk about work ethic as a Manager I worked 60+ hours per week, won multiple awards and put up with so much BS from the incompetant leadership the last few years that my health and mental well being suffered. So glad to get removed as the big payday hit today. I remember when this job was fun, and people were appreciated not anymore. Some of us still took pride in the job we do and were successful. Now moving on already have DM job secured with another organization and no regrets about the long career I had at what once was "The Place To Be".

Let's talk about work ethic as a Manager I worked 60+ hours per week, won multiple awards and put up with so much BS from the incompetant leadership the last few years that my health and mental well being suffered. So glad to get removed as the big payday hit today. I remember when this job was fun, and people were appreciated not anymore. Some of us still took pride in the job we do and were successful. Now moving on already have DM job secured with another organization and no regrets about the long career I had at what once was "The Place To Be".

Good luck to you.

To all you spoiled asses- Go Eat Shit- severance is not required....it is an act of goodwill- the company has at will employment, you can leave at any time and many have over the years..For years good or bad reps had no problem taking what Novartis offers and using it to go somewhere for more money or advancement- it is a free market. Most made out like lotto winners, so stop bitching. everyone up to 10 years got at least a 10 year package??? That is very generous- So many were paid for so little effort- car, 401K, who paid for all that??Most of it was paid by Novartis- - the ride is over. There was no ball and chain ever keeping anyone here- The entire industry has been changing for years and so has healthcare- This is not a suprise so take your little payout and go away-

Adapt or fuck off-

To all you spoiled asses- Go Eat Shit- severance is not required....it is an act of goodwill- the company has at will employment, you can leave at any time and many have over the years..For years good or bad reps had no problem taking what Novartis offers and using it to go somewhere for more money or advancement- it is a free market. Most made out like lotto winners, so stop bitching. everyone up to 10 years got at least a 10 year package??? That is very generous- So many were paid for so little effort- car, 401K, who paid for all that??Most of it was paid by Novartis- - the ride is over. There was no ball and chain ever keeping anyone here- The entire industry has been changing for years and so has healthcare- This is not a suprise so take your little payout and go away-

Adapt or fuck off-

Go F*** yourself! You are the kind of zombie they're looking for. Drink that koolaid and get fat and more idiotic you moron. Just when you think you've got them fooled it will be your ass on the block. You're to stupid to figure out that they don't give a Sh** about you either. You better realize that you're just another number just like the rest and they won't hesitate to throw your ass under the bus in a heartbeat. You can buy all that BS they're selling about the #1 company to work for and the rest of that garbage. You better have your resume up to date because if you believe you somehow have a "career" at Novartis, then you truly are an idiot. Get ready, within the next 6 months you'll get to go through it all again. They are far from being through with making cuts. Besides, you aren't back to Uncle Andy's "double-digit" growth. Good luck on that happening with the great sales team that's left there. Of course they kept the MBA/marketing suck-ups like yourself and let most of the real sales people go. You'd better realize that you don't mean sh** to them even though you bend over and say "Thank you sir may I have another"!

severence had nothing to do with goodwill. It was hush money to not reveal the things we've seen over the years. See NCN consultant meetings in the early part of the last decade. Novartis has no interest in goodwill and they have sound business reasons for severence packages or they would not have been offered. goodwill is only for donating used clothes

Go F*** yourself! You are the kind of zombie they're looking for. Drink that koolaid and get fat and more idiotic you moron. Just when you think you've got them fooled it will be your ass on the block. You're to stupid to figure out that they don't give a Sh** about you either. You better realize that you're just another number just like the rest and they won't hesitate to throw your ass under the bus in a heartbeat. You can buy all that BS they're selling about the #1 company to work for and the rest of that garbage. You better have your resume up to date because if you believe you somehow have a "career" at Novartis, then you truly are an idiot. Get ready, within the next 6 months you'll get to go through it all again. They are far from being through with making cuts. Besides, you aren't back to Uncle Andy's "double-digit" growth. Good luck on that happening with the great sales team that's left there. Of course they kept the MBA/marketing suck-ups like yourself and let most of the real sales people go. You'd better realize that you don't mean sh** to them even though you bend over and say "Thank you sir may I have another"!

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!! Hit the nail on the head!

I know Im just a number. This is big business and the bottom line is making the budget set by Basal. If numbers are not met then some type of reduction will occur sooner rather than later. Even if numbers are met those same reductions may occur as Novartis business plan is set for years to come,so even doing well this year may lead to being displaced, with that said Im hoping that if my number is called a severance equal to the previous is offered or a different twist such as an early retirement for us old timers gets offered. Either way...its one day at a time.

It was said at the sales meeting in January by our fearless leader when asked about more layoffs- remember- he said as long as we hit our numbers there would be no more.. we are not hitting our numbers- how can you when some goals go up 25-50%

For those who may be laid off in the next go round understand that you can apply for unemployment the very next day of your lay off. Doesn't matter that you're paid for the next two months and get a severance. You are without a doubt eligible. HR gave many bad advice on the first lay off. So if you're laid off sign up for unemployment immediately.

For those who may be laid off in the next go round understand that you can apply for unemployment the very next day of your lay off. Doesn't matter that you're paid for the next two months and get a severance. You are without a doubt eligible. HR gave many bad advice on the first lay off. So if you're laid off sign up for unemployment immediately.

Thanks for the info. I heard there was a lot of confusion the last go round about when you were eligible for unemployment benefits.