• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Stop the ride along insanity!!!!!!

I miss my dm. we constantly played the game of who could come up with an excuse first for why we had to cancel the ride along. my car is acting up? Great, see you next month! Oh, your kid is sick? Shame, see you next month.

when I did see him, it was literally meeting at 10 and then him having to 'get on the road' by 2. Throw in a lunch there and we were literally in 2-3 accounts tops.

I miss my old DM. She would literally do a ride along with me. We would just go in an empty parking lot. The Ford Fusion with the sunroof was perfect. Damn...

At least my DM is realistic. He is required to work with each of us two days in a row every friggin month sometimes twice. It goes like this, meet for breakfast, his treat and talk business. Make one or two calls to mostly the same docs and then a nice long lunch, his treat, and talk some more business and and share some stories. Then he has to depart to join a conference call right after lunch. We both understand that our jobs are useless but at least he doesn't add to the pain.

i knew of a rep (with a different company) that told his manager to get out of his car, in the middle of SF. That takes balls.

I know someone who worked for AZ (now retired) who did this with his manager. The manager was riding his ass and at one point he pulled the car over and told the manager to "get the fuck out of his car." Apparently it didn't get him fired and in fact he went on to become a district manager. One of the few many respected.

Name one other industry where this happens. One. Go ahead. No? Thought so. Moronic.

It's a detriment to my business. My boss expects a hard sell each call. For two products. The docs let me do it, but look at me like I'm nuts. They know the show. But I'm starting to piss them off with my pushy boss. This will only last so long.

Have some self respect and tell your boss how it is going to be. I haven't pulled that dog and pony show bullshit in years. If they are worth a damn themselves, they'll respect you more and give you the latitude that you need to actually be somewhat effective.

Have some self respect and tell your boss how it is going to be. I haven't pulled that dog and pony show bullshit in years. If they are worth a damn themselves, they'll respect you more and give you the latitude that you need to actually be somewhat effective.

New manager. Been a nightmare. If you only knew. We are told how it's going to be. If you flash a pair, even for a second, you are gone.

New manager. Been a nightmare. If you only knew. We are told how it's going to be. If you flash a pair, even for a second, you are gone.

I understand that the koolaid drinking nazi manager is out there. I also understand that we all have bills to pay. Start planning your exit, you do not have to work for anyone that you do not want to. So many people are willing to forfeit their dignity for a paycheck, don't be one of them.