• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Stop the ride along insanity!!!!!!

Sucks being you. Here is how a typical field day goes where I am.

1. MGR meets me around 11:00
2. Sit in my car and chat for 30 minutes (about sports mostly)
3. Go to the doctors lunch I had set up
4. Sit in my car for 30 more minutes chatting about the hot nurse who was at the lunch
5. 2:00 MGR goes on his merry way
6. I get my field ride coaching form that ways we were together for 2 days

4. Sit in my car for 30 more minutes chatting about the hot nurse who was at the lunch

Same here. They lie worse than we do! But that's OK with me! My DM knows they bring 0 value to anything I do in the field. At least they are smart enough to recognize that, check their box, and go home.

All true, but you missed "got to leave early for the regional teleconference at 3 PM."

Usually the two day ride along happens when your boss meets you for breakfast, has no tie on and hasn't shaved. You throw down breakfast, discuss business for a couple of hours, then off they go.

Not complaining mind you.

All true, but you missed "got to leave early for the regional teleconference at 3 PM."

Usually the two day ride along happens when your boss meets you for breakfast, has no tie on and hasn't shaved. You throw down breakfast, discuss business for a couple of hours, then off they go.

Not complaining mind you.

You're fortunate. Our field rides are like interviews. With a test at the end. We are all miserable.

You're fortunate. Our field rides are like interviews. With a test at the end. We are all miserable.

I can't imagine that managers are any happier, especially those with some travel time. Four full days in the field along with busy work in between and emails and projects in the mornings and evenings... and don't forget the fire drills.

That kind of schedule will not bring any sympathy or empathy for reps, or your customers for that matter.

As the product portfolio declines pressure for sales will increase and things will only get worse.

Really, how do you figure that? Would'nt less reps in a territory= more ride alongs per rep!

They are already cutting heads in HQ which is usually phase I.
Next will be EBDs, CBDs all the DBs and then DMs, before they get to us. We will all be told about the same time that cuts are coming but we will see these cuts first. Already happening unless you have been asleep.

Why ride along with anyone at this point. The ship is going down and people are jumping off the sinking ship while you continue to row. At the end of the year there will probably be a huge layoff as Crestor becomes generic, ride alongs will be the furthest thing on my mind as we all float in the sea of unemployment. So enjoy the ride while it last but this place is going down, sooner than later