• Tue news: Starboard wants to hold Pfizer leadership accountable. Moderna norovirus vaccine. Health insurer merger talks. Editas looks for CRISPR partner. Otsuka kidney disease trial. See more on our front page

Starting salary

Anonymous

I am a seasoned pharma rep with 4 years of medical device experience as well. I am getting married soon and wanted to avoid 2-3 nights a week in hotels so I am looking at a job with AZ. Can someone please provide me with a reasonable number to put into the application online as to salary expectations to start? I do not want to scare them with a ridiculously high number, but don't want to screw myself either.

Any other feedback would be appreciated as well.

Why in the world would you want to stay in Pharma? If you are under 40, and not vested deeply in the pension plan, it says negative volumes that you are to lazy to get out. Sacrifice the higher salary for more than a year of security. 80K would be the max for a new hire at CL 3.

AstraZeneca is well known for being one of the LOWEST paying companies in the industry. I would not work for this company, it is by far one of the worst! Sorry but I wish someone was honest with me. Good luck!

Why in the world would you want to stay in Pharma? If you are under 40, and not vested deeply in the pension plan, it says negative volumes that you are to lazy to get out. Sacrifice the higher salary for more than a year of security. 80K would be the max for a new hire at CL 3.

80K??? Are you crazy? Those making 80K have been pushed out and replaced with 50-60K brainless drones. AZ has no interest in paying for experience. The dumber the better as all you may do is recite a memorized script.

80K??? Are you crazy? Those making 80K have been pushed out and replaced with 50-60K brainless drones. AZ has no interest in paying for experience. The dumber the better as all you may do is recite a memorized script.

Not crazy, just better informed than you. My last two hires were over 75K for MCR

one is sixtyone, two is sixtyeight, three is eightyone, four is ninetyfive, five is benfranklin

we prefer to pay for twos, no experience preferred because we can't sell here anymore