• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Sr. Biopharmaceutical speciality rep

<

depends on year of experience

range is 60-120, with most of the reps landing between 85-110

car choices are slim -but its a free car
think its a subaru outback, vw pasat, and maybe one more
2 weeks pay, 1 additional week off in July and the industry standard xmas shutdown
depends on the division you get, but target payout for the year is 32K with about 10% of the reps not hitting it, and another 10% above 110 and another 5% above 120.

Some managers are good, others are great - if you are considering the move ask the standard interview questions and then try to figure out who the manager is

Good luck

2 weeks pay, 1 additional week off in July and the industry standard xmas shutdown
depends on the division you get, but target payout for the year is 32K with about 10% of the reps not hitting it, and another 10% above 110 and another 5% above 120.

Some managers are good, others are great - if you are considering the move ask the standard interview questions and then try to figure out who the manager is

The other car is a Ford Focus.

The other car is a Ford Focus.
not for the sr bio spec rep its a ford escpae

not for the sr bio spec rep its a ford escpae

If you can differentiate yourself from the other 3,000 qualified candidates with the exact same background, experience and training , go for it. You will have a better chance of winning 10k from a lottery scratch-off than you will landing a job with Amgen. Not being mean, just the reality of the current market.

I have been at Amgen for almost 4 years now. Stuck through all the changes in the BHBU and it is simply the best career move I made. I've worked for other companies and this is the most solid, giving, and appreciating company I have ever been with. Is it a large corporation that restructures when needed? Absolutely. Does it have some yahoo's who make some people miserable? Absolutely. But in the big picture, I don't want to work for anyone else and I hope to retire here, moving up through the ranks and expanding my role. The possibilities are really limitless.

The Maine rep is done at 2:00 every day and doesn't work Fridays. It's one of the highest paying jobs in the state.

Now that it is the type of work ethic that deserves to be recognized. Thanks for sharing. For the most part, we require or reps to work Tuesday - Thursday from 10-1 or 2 if they have a late lunch.

I know for a fact numerous reps roll out, get the kids off, serve a lunch, go to the gym, pick the kids up and call it a day. Not a bad deal if you can get it. Just be overly prepared when it ends. And it will.....end.

Why do you or anyone else care how many hours a pharma rep does or does not work. As long as you are hitting quotas handling your admin work and handle yourself professionally does it make a difference if you work 9-5 10-2 or whatever.

You are an adult and part of the job is the ability to be on your own. If you can make your goals by working 10-2 does it really matter

Why do you or anyone else care how many hours a pharma rep does or does not work. As long as you are hitting quotas handling your admin work and handle yourself professionally does it make a difference if you work 9-5 10-2 or whatever.

You are an adult and part of the job is the ability to be on your own. If you can make your goals by working 10-2 does it really matter

If you want to examine how much someone works, look at the home office puppets. Very little output - meetings, gym time, lunch time, etc.

The reps deserve every dollar we pay them

It does matter. Paying a Maine rep $150,000 to work hours like that is unnecessary (plenty of quality reps who will work for less including this one) and adds unnecessary cost to the bottom line which is bad for stock holders and consumers who pay higher prices for Amgen products. The inflated pay is bad value for the dollar and bad management. The company should recognize. It's easy to fix. Easier than losing good R&D people.

All that matters is sales. If you hit or surpass your quota it does not matter how many hours you work. A lot of very good reps were hired for this job in the beginning. The poor reps have been weeded out. Stockholders especially don't care as long as your bringing in the $$$. I've been in this industry a long time. This is a tough job and a lot of reps couldn't hack it. All about hitting quota, being compliant and in my case and many of my colleagues cases making lots of money. We have selling skills that's why we don't have to punch a clock.