Sotyktu floundering

Why are there so many openings? Are they expansions or people have left?
Mostly due to the expansion, which I still cannot believe is happening. Volume is down year over year from 2023. Interest in the drug from our customers is down. Conversations are stale. The juice is gone from this drug. I’ve also heard from my MSL and RMK the amount of optimism and conversations at Derm conferences have greatly decreased as well. So, having said all that, why not double down, expand the sales force and harass our offices even more with mirror partners ‍♂️ I’ve never been part of a company that did this. Usually you expand when you’re growing, not when you’re regressing….

Mostly due to the expansion, which I still cannot believe is happening. Volume is down year over year from 2023. Interest in the drug from our customers is down. Conversations are stale. The juice is gone from this drug. I’ve also heard from my MSL and RMK the amount of optimism and conversations at Derm conferences have greatly decreased as well. So, having said all that, why not double down, expand the sales force and harass our offices even more with mirror partners ‍♂️ I’ve never been part of a company that did this. Usually you expand when you’re growing, not when you’re regressing….
Most of the managers Andy Rodman brought over have already applied to UCB. They are hoping to go over there and tank that launch.

Most of the managers Andy Rodman brought over have already applied to UCB. They are hoping to go over there and tank that launch.
We should all keep an eye on those jobs, regardless of your opinion on Rodman. He didn’t design Bimmy. After two years of SoTankTu, selling Bimmy couldn’t be any worse than here. At least Bimmy will be first in class for HS. Can’t say that about SoTankTu for Psoriasis….

UCB doesn't want a bunch of entitled, over rated dermatology reps who only have experience selling preferred access products. We hired the wrong derm when we built this place out.

Here's what works in derm: hungry, happy, personable people who are on a one week routing plan who are skilled with messaging.

Here's what doesn't work in derm: KPI driven, robotic boobs who spout the company line and use words like robust, resonate, stakeholder and cross matrix.

UCB doesn't want you.

We should all keep an eye on those jobs, regardless of your opinion on Rodman. He didn’t design Bimmy. After two years of SoTankTu, selling Bimmy couldn’t be any worse than here. At least Bimmy will be first in class for HS. Can’t say that about SoTankTu for Psoriasis….
Oh, please, Rodman and all his boys definitely had a hand in tanking the launch here. They thought it was going to be easy street.

Oh, please, Rodman and all his boys definitely had a hand in tanking the launch here. They thought it was going to be easy street.
What is this talk of tanking as if Rodman and his mangers had some vendetta against BMS? You do realize we ALL get paid more and have increased job security if the drug does well, right?
Why would anyone take a job, spend all that time traveling, and away from family just to purposely tank it?

What is this talk of tanking as if Rodman and his mangers had some vendetta against BMS? You do realize we ALL get paid more and have increased job security if the drug does well, right?
Why would anyone take a job, spend all that time traveling, and away from family just to purposely tank it?

He didn't purposely tank it. He unfortunately trusted the old geezers that he has relationships with that they would write it. Since most of these derms only work maybe 1 to 2 days a week and send the psoriasis cases to their mid levels, they maybe wrote it once. The mid-levels who are over worked and underpaid want easy (hence their continued support for Otezla) and if they're going to send their patient for a TB test, then they're going to write a biologic...not Sotyktu which even though they could "just evaluate the patient for TB" and "the triglyceride test is optional" makes them go hmmmm...what does the patient's insurance cover?

And since Sotyktu is one of 15 options for a patient...it's down there with well...the other samples that are about to expire in the sample closet.

Nobody purposely tanks a drug.

I assume no one is claiming Rodman and crew intentionally tanked the drug. But the results from their poor performance is the same as if they tanked the drug on purpose. They were brought in as rock stars based on them being associated with successful drugs at other companies. Not based on skill or work ethic. Rodman and crew thought theyd sit back and enjoy the success here. As did their buddy reps. Now if you step back you realize leadership above them hired these people so leadership that brought them here two years ago is on the hook for that. As leadership is on the hook for bad branding and marketing. And if you step back further, a complicated and corrupt pharma industry is to blame as well. Our drug is superior to otezla but the system has it rigged in favor of otezla.

Having said all that, so many forces at play don’t excuse laziness and poor performance by any individual working here.