• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

So who has resigned after realignment?

Incorrect. A way to know which pronoun to use is to add the unwritten verb. In this case, “ would not hire anyone as dumb as I am” rather than “would not hire anyone as dumb as me am”. Clearly the second example is wrong. You’re welcome!

Not that it matters, but you use the objective form (me), not the subjective form (I), because it was used as the object of the preposition (as) in the sentence. You can try whatever grammar tricks to remember that you want to, but “I” is subjective, and “me” is objective. Don’t be stupid. Me don’t like it when you’re stupid.

Not that it matters, but you use the objective form (me), not the subjective form (I), because it was used as the object of the preposition (as) in the sentence. You can try whatever grammar tricks to remember that you want to, but “I” is subjective, and “me” is objective. Don’t be stupid. Me don’t like it when you’re stupid.

Wrong. The object of the sentence here is “anyone” after that is a separate phrase describing the object for which you would apply the rule that I taught you. You’re welcome, once again.

I am beginning to think you like losing, you must be a horrible rep.

Wrong. The object of the sentence here is “anyone” after that is a separate phrase describing the object for which you would apply the rule that I taught you. You’re welcome, once again.

Hi there,
I'm not the grammar girl you've been debating with, but wouldn't a description of the object still be represented by an object pronoun?
Full disclosure: I am in fact dumb.