Senior Leadership "EARNS(!!) 137% bonus this year

Anonymous

Just read David Brennan's 2011 Full Year Overview.

"The Board Renumeration (they spelled it wrong!) Committee of AstraZeneca PLC has determined that the 2011 Global Perfomance Outcome will be 137% of target. This is based on performance against Core EPS and Cash Flow targets and overall business performance against our strategic priorities."

Will one of my 1,500 counterparts who lost their jobs this week please hit the button marked "ask a question to David Brennan" and ask how on earth if you rated yourselves meets on 5 areas and partially meets on one area .. and absolutely no exceeds on any area, you qualify for a 137% bonus.

How about their definition of meets is 75% of the objectives in "green" ... I personally know RSDs that state if you are not 100% to goal, you have to be given a partially meets.

Sometimes it feels like leadership is sitting in a glass room somewhere just laughing at pulling the wool over our eyes.

Just read David Brennan's 2011 Full Year Overview.

"The Board Renumeration (they spelled it wrong!) Committee of AstraZeneca PLC has determined that the 2011 Global Perfomance Outcome will be 137% of target. This is based on performance against Core EPS and Cash Flow targets and overall business performance against our strategic priorities."

Will one of my 1,500 counterparts who lost their jobs this week please hit the button marked "ask a question to David Brennan" and ask how on earth if you rated yourselves meets on 5 areas and partially meets on one area .. and absolutely no exceeds on any area, you qualify for a 137% bonus.

How about their definition of meets is 75% of the objectives in "green" ... I personally know RSDs that state if you are not 100% to goal, you have to be given a partially meets.

Sometimes it feels like leadership is sitting in a glass room somewhere just laughing at pulling the wool over our eyes.

Nice to bring it in, but the factors are different for inside. Contribution and international performance are included. RSDs have the same measures as the field.

I have learned during the recent economic down turn.

When things are going great, corporate officers make huge bank, when things are going bad, corporate offices make huge bank. Ever notice how the field will not make quota or a dime in commission, but the company often grows substantially?

The benefits of managing the books.

Shameful...if it was Patient 1st...why don't they put some of that bonus into meds for patients that NEED it...really shameful.

You are a fucking idiot.

Its incentive compensation - which is money at risk. If you really wantt o take it to the extent of your bullshit, donate your own salary.

You to know how much money AZ puts into free meds, but you want the sales force to work for nothing.

I have learned during the recent economic down turn.

When things are going great, corporate officers make huge bank, when things are going bad, corporate offices make huge bank. Ever notice how the field will not make quota or a dime in commission, but the company often grows substantially?

The benefits of managing the books.
He who holds the money decides who gets paid first and how much. When you become CEO, then it will be your turn. This is the way capitalism works, like it or not.

How in the name of anyone or thing, having beem onboard this miserable company for more than a day, defend or approve of anyone in AZ's management, especially those in top management?
I'm a very recent retiree...I've made it. You haven't. At one time this was a great company, and we did great things. I was proud to be with this great company. But all things must come to an end, good or bad, and AZ became as bad as bad could be, even more so after Brennan and his inmate cadres became the management. Straight downhill from day one till now.
Whether AZ even survives is within purvue, more likely a fire sell will soon occur...to Pfizer or Glaxo, whatever...but most reading this site will be gone or about to be gone. Top management will no dought profit by this, possibly losing their jobs, but also getting even richer as a part of their destruction of my once great company. Too bad of course, but will you moronic defenders of what has happened to AZ, still proclaim the greatness of the very same people that did AZ down. I suspect you will, that is the normal reaction of a moron to evil.