• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Rozerem

That is not why Rozerem failed. If the whole country was averaging a 100 scripts a week (or doing well) it would still be in your bag.
Everyone knew what rhe selling point was.

When MC directed that patients had to FAIL,on Ambien first,Rozerem was not getting approved.No one FAILS on Ambien, because it knocks you out!MC only cares about cheap drugs,not the safety aspects of one like Rozerem.The clown above seems to have all the answers,but that was my experience.Chill baby!

Takeda needs to overhaul its field management team. Wouldn't it be nice to have a new mgt team, with new ideas/attitudes. It would be like a new company! Bring integrity back and give some new people opportunities that others have clearly squandered one excuse/failure after another.

Do it Do it Now!

Takeda needs to overhaul its field management team. Wouldn't it be nice to have a new mgt team, with new ideas/attitudes. It would be like a new company! Bring integrity back and give some new people opportunities that others have clearly squandered one excuse/failure after another.

Do it Do it Now!

Bring back the pre-2010 management team,that fostered an amazing culture!

Bring back the pre-2010 management team,that fostered an amazing culture!

Yep gotta get rid of the current crew. Key is new leadership that is trustworthy and that inspires people to do their best work! Everyone knows current field leadership is shady and toxic. You can't turn that around
Time is up! Where are the results?

When MC directed that patients had to FAIL,on Ambien first,Rozerem was not getting approved.No one FAILS on Ambien, because it knocks you out!MC only cares about cheap drugs,not the safety aspects of one like Rozerem.The clown above seems to have all the answers,but that was my experience.Chill baby!

......or you should be a talented sales rep who knows how to overcome objections.

If it was easy, anyone could do it

Clown? Chill? I don't think the statement was out of line. If you think Rozerem was a failure because of managed care you don't understand Rozerem and more importantly the sleep process.

......or you should be a talented sales rep who knows how to overcome objections.

Docs were writing for it,and at pharmacy level,was switched to Ambien at direction of MC.You seem to be so smart,so share with us how you would overcome this.We are all waiting to hear Clown!

Docs were writing for it,and at pharmacy level,was switched to Ambien at direction of MC.You seem to be so smart,so share with us how you would overcome this.We are all waiting to hear Clown!

What a surprise!Mr.Know-it-all,didn't respond with his words of wisdom!You truly are all talk without substance,and not a clue about what you are talking about.Hey,I hear the circus is always looking for new clowns.Now,that's something you could speak from experience about.Good luck!

First of all you donkey fuck I have not been on cafepharma until today. And second I actually did not ask you for your name. There are trolls on here. What moron would do that when I would never give my name up (Here's one clue I don't work at Takeda anymore) Second, if you looked at the new scripts vs pull through on refill you would know nationally there was a significant issue with getting refills. The vast majority of plans were not switching Rozerem to a schedule drug at the point of sale. There were managed care challenges, no doubt, but in the corporate meetings I was in while you were slinging donuts and coffee in your pathetic terroritory concern had nothing to do with inhouse concern was not switching at the pharmacy. It was about working to get coverage and working with marketing to get subclass unofficial hypnotic designation. This failed at the FDA level and the national level. When you are dealing with managed care plans you are not just dealing with bean counters. You are dealing with doctors and clinical pharmacists who know their science just like you do trolling around in your Jeep Liberty. I have had countless people describe what we called the "Science of Sleep" as an oversimplification of a complex process that was more complicated that MT1 MT2. We didn't invent those circadian rhythm receptors and other pharma companies dropped their research of them for an insomnia indication. Why would they do that? Because in order to get to 500,000 million plus in sales you would have to significantly expand the $2.5 + billion dollar sleep market. That's pretty hard to do you ass clown when you need virgins, seniors and no switches and have to take it more than a month. So the altruistic drug companies didn't come through on the other non-scheduled agents because they saw the math and knew the MOA may not be worth the cost of going to the sleep market. But only managed care is the big bad bully that doesn't care about the patients. It is NOT the job of managed care to make the call on what is safe and better for the patient when it comes to what is placed on formulary. Most of those decisions are made for them - the invisible hand. They do make those decisions but they are done with the partnership with medical associations or academies, the FDA and drug companies. Drug companies are not the only ones who want to influence formulary you jackass. It can be a slippery slope if they make those decisions on their own. You never ever give up on a drug that you think is highly efficacious. At the corporate level nobody wants to give up ground on their science. I'm not talking prouduct managers or senior managed individuals. I'm talking about Japan and those scientists behind development. So it should come to no surprise that we weren't freaking out about managed care status as much as does this drug have a viable and sustainable place in the insomnia market with our current promotional levels. Sleep phase shifting and jet lag were not an option as you well may have figured. So the decision to pull the promotional activities was not based on managed care. I am sure you have sold drugs that took plenty of time to get their shelf space in formualry. Maybe some of them were novel and required new disease state education. There were phenomenal people working behind the scenes to make Rozerem work. Equally great drug reps trying to hustle it one script at a time. I have been in this industry 23 years and I know for a fact (and expirence) that decisions to pull promotional activity are difficult and not just managed care. If that was the case Takeda would have packed their bags with Actos. Do you remember launching that? The first two years of formulary in some regions was horse shit. People were getting dropped to sulfs left and right. But why did we stick with it? Confidence in the drug and its place in the market.
So don't tell me to chill. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Here's another clue who I am. I am female. And I'm pretty sure I could wipe the floor with you when it comes to ambition, intelligence and drive.

First of all you donkey fuck I have not been on cafepharma until today. And second I actually did not ask you for your name. There are trolls on here. What moron would do that when I would never give my name up (Here's one clue I don't work at Takeda anymore) Second, if you looked at the new scripts vs pull through on refill you would know nationally there was a significant issue with getting refills. The vast majority of plans were not switching Rozerem to a schedule drug at the point of sale. There were managed care challenges, no doubt, but in the corporate meetings I was in while you were slinging donuts and coffee in your pathetic terroritory concern had nothing to do with inhouse concern was not switching at the pharmacy. It was about working to get coverage and working with marketing to get subclass unofficial hypnotic designation. This failed at the FDA level and the national level. When you are dealing with managed care plans you are not just dealing with bean counters. You are dealing with doctors and clinical pharmacists who know their science just like you do trolling around in your Jeep Liberty. I have had countless people describe what we called the "Science of Sleep" as an oversimplification of a complex process that was more complicated that MT1 MT2. We didn't invent those circadian rhythm receptors and other pharma companies dropped their research of them for an insomnia indication. Why would they do that? Because in order to get to 500,000 million plus in sales you would have to significantly expand the $2.5 + billion dollar sleep market. That's pretty hard to do you ass clown when you need virgins, seniors and no switches and have to take it more than a month. So the altruistic drug companies didn't come through on the other non-scheduled agents because they saw the math and knew the MOA may not be worth the cost of going to the sleep market. But only managed care is the big bad bully that doesn't care about the patients. It is NOT the job of managed care to make the call on what is safe and better for the patient when it comes to what is placed on formulary. Most of those decisions are made for them - the invisible hand. They do make those decisions but they are done with the partnership with medical associations or academies, the FDA and drug companies. Drug companies are not the only ones who want to influence formulary you jackass. It can be a slippery slope if they make those decisions on their own. You never ever give up on a drug that you think is highly efficacious. At the corporate level nobody wants to give up ground on their science. I'm not talking prouduct managers or senior managed individuals. I'm talking about Japan and those scientists behind development. So it should come to no surprise that we weren't freaking out about managed care status as much as does this drug have a viable and sustainable place in the insomnia market with our current promotional levels. Sleep phase shifting and jet lag were not an option as you well may have figured. So the decision to pull the promotional activities was not based on managed care. I am sure you have sold drugs that took plenty of time to get their shelf space in formualry. Maybe some of them were novel and required new disease state education. There were phenomenal people working behind the scenes to make Rozerem work. Equally great drug reps trying to hustle it one script at a time. I have been in this industry 23 years and I know for a fact (and expirence) that decisions to pull promotional activity are difficult and not just managed care. If that was the case Takeda would have packed their bags with Actos. Do you remember launching that? The first two years of formulary in some regions was horse shit. People were getting dropped to sulfs left and right. But why did we stick with it? Confidence in the drug and its place in the market.
So don't tell me to chill. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Here's another clue who I am. I am female. And I'm pretty sure I could wipe the floor with you when it comes to ambition, intelligence and drive.

LMAO! What a Dbag!

I also didn't post the above. I wasn't a rep during Rozerem so I could careless how you overcame objections. I never ever blamed reps for lack of sales when I was inside at Takeda. It was a great place to work and I hope it still is. Now go have a great week and don't forget to get your lunch sign in sheets filled cowboy.

I also didn't post the above. I wasn't a rep during Rozerem so I could careless how you overcame objections. I never ever blamed reps for lack of sales when I was inside at Takeda. It was a great place to work and I hope it still is. Now go have a great week and don't forget to get your lunch sign in sheets filled cowboy.

Why doesn't anyone ever get that the saying is "I COULDN'T care less??" If you could care less (or as listed above "careless" geesh!, that means that you care....get it??

I was being sarcastic. I'm not going to take the time to explain the "Invisble Hand" in relation to pharmaceuticals.

You have a weak and shallow perspective when it comes to why Rozerem failed. I'm sure you are a genius and made president's club every year. You may have even won every detail contest in your division breaking the hearts of all those who practiced so hard for what comes so naturally to you.

You have had one job in this industry. I know that for a fact. And because of that you don't know the full story. So go take your 10mgs of Ativan is the same thing as taking Ambien horse shit someone where else. I also hope you were not selling like that.