• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Remdesivir looks fantastic- thank you Gilead!

Gilead is a scum outfit. I worked there and saw it first hand but now, reading that remdesivir might actually only cost $6 for a 5 day course of treatment to make but is selling to the government at $2,330. I believe in capitalism and fair market pricing but this is criminal if accurate. This country just recently added several trillion in debt for PPP and job stimulus, will probably add another trillion to get another stimulus bill passed and now, with the government pre-buying therapeutic and vaccine candidates in advance to build a stock pile, the thought that gilead will charge such an exorbitant price for a drug that NIH was involved with the initial development of says it all. Danny Boy has expanded the gilead greed and I only hope that other therapeutics come along that are equally if not more effective and are priced respectively to cost to manufacture. So glad I don’t have Gilead on my business card

Gilead is a scum outfit. I worked there and saw it first hand but now, reading that remdesivir might actually only cost $6 for a 5 day course of treatment to make but is selling to the government at $2,330. I believe in capitalism and fair market pricing but this is criminal if accurate. This country just recently added several trillion in debt for PPP and job stimulus, will probably add another trillion to get another stimulus bill passed and now, with the government pre-buying therapeutic and vaccine candidates in advance to build a stock pile, the thought that gilead will charge such an exorbitant price for a drug that NIH was involved with the initial development of says it all. Danny Boy has expanded the gilead greed and I only hope that other therapeutics come along that are equally if not more effective and are priced respectively to cost to manufacture. So glad I don’t have Gilead on my business card
The PPP you mention, like masks, cost a couple pennies to make, but are sold for $1 or more - where is your outrage?

The food you eat cost pennies to make, but costs hundreds times more, where is your outrage?

The car you drive cost in the low thousands to make, but is sold for $20,000-$100,000 - where is the outrage

The house you live in, cost $20,000-$50,000 in materials, but is sold for many times over a Million, where is the outrage.

Unlike all those, Remdesivir - like a huge majority of molecules, had a huge likelihood of costing hundreds of millions and working on nothing.

The PPP you mention, like masks, cost a couple pennies to make, but are sold for $1 or more - where is your outrage?

The food you eat cost pennies to make, but costs hundreds times more, where is your outrage?

The car you drive cost in the low thousands to make, but is sold for $20,000-$100,000 - where is the outrage

The house you live in, cost $20,000-$50,000 in materials, but is sold for many times over a Million, where is the outrage.

Unlike all those, Remdesivir - like a huge majority of molecules, had a huge likelihood of costing hundreds of millions and working on nothing.

I know you, you’re the douche face that would jump into the breakfast conversation at the POA’s with your “I know all and am always right “ attitude. I’d listen to you pontificate how you rock it in your territory year in and year out while most of the rest of us would roll our eyes and start side conversations to drone you out. You clearly don’t know jack about production costs and material costs for cars and houses (which don’t get a 2000 % markup like remdesivir). It’s not a freakin biological that has to go through a 90 days growth process to be a finished product, it’s a chemistry set compound

I know you, you’re the douche face that would jump into the breakfast conversation at the POA’s with your “I know all and am always right “ attitude. I’d listen to you pontificate how you rock it in your territory year in and year out while most of the rest of us would roll our eyes and start side conversations to drone you out. You clearly don’t know jack about production costs and material costs for cars and houses (which don’t get a 2000 % markup like remdesivir). It’s not a freakin biological that has to go through a 90 days growth process to be a finished product, it’s a chemistry set compound
You got owned - move on

The FDA continues to see the incredible results of Remdesivir- it was granted extended use on Friday. Thank You GILEAD for producing this drug and saving tens of thousand of lives from the pandemic and hundreds of millions of dollars in our healthcare system.

The FDA continues to see the incredible results of Remdesivir- it was granted extended use on Friday. Thank You GILEAD for producing this drug and saving tens of thousand of lives from the pandemic and hundreds of millions of dollars in our healthcare system.
It’s great being part of the solution

Spend a billion discovering and studying your own product, then you can decide the price - Sparky. Otherwise, shut up and just be thankful It’s available to save morons like you.

Thanks Sparky. As soon as it comes out that this whole COVID business is BS, as the CDC just alluded to today btw, then you guys are done. You are not saving anyone.

Remdesivir with Brilacidin combination resulted in a 99.85% Viral Load Reduction in a recent RBL testing. Wake up Gilead, Remdesivir alone isn't going to be sufficient enough! Innovation Pharmaceutical's Brilacidin looks to be the real deal.