• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Predictions, please!

Anonymous

Just want to see people's thoughts about what is really going to happen to Eisai in the next few weeks. Forget the OB bashing for now, there are plenty of other threads for that, just wondering how this is all going to shake out. It is pretty clear there will be massive changes, but who is going to get it the worst? I thought at first it would be PC, but I am now leaning towards oncology getting blind sided.. Any opinions????

<

Just want to see people's thoughts about what is really going to happen to Eisai in the next few weeks. Forget the OB bashing for now, there are plenty of other threads for that, just wondering how this is all going to shake out. It is pretty clear there will be massive changes, but who is going to get it the worst? I thought at first it would be PC, but I am now leaning towards oncology getting blind sided.. Any opinions????

From what I have heard and from what I've been told directly... We don't know right now.

I hate to break it to you: If we did express how we felt about OB before, we would not be in this mess now. He is going after the sales team and there will be up to 25-35% layoffs. Don't worry about him though, OB's bonus will increase this year.

I really think that the ONC group is going to get hit bad. I believe that will cut that group by 50 to 60% unfortunately. Originally I thought PC but now it's obvious that PC will see few if any cuts.

Don't be fooled about PC not being hit hard! OB said Onc will get hit harder but that statement could be misconstrued. 50% in onc would be about 100 reps. 30% in PC would be like 150 reps. See what I'm saying? Being hit harder could just mean percentage wise and not necessarily numbers wise! I guess we will find out soon enough!

If your in PC and you think that this sales force is currently bringing in enough revenue and has a strong enough product pipeline to retain the entire sales force, then you are just the type of dim bulb who should be seeking employment elsewhere. Actually, about 50% of us should be seeking employment elsewhere! Soon!!

Why do you think PC will remain intact?

Uhhhhh...did you listen to the conference calls at all? The PC side is the number one money maker in the company. Aciphex is the largest money maker in the company.....we are all screwed. A PPI.....the number one money maker...are you serious.... These cuts were already made from last year when McKenzie was in here.....DM's are not making any of the decisions....do you really think they can make anything other than judgement calls on reps.....plus too much of a liability issue. Everyone should be looking....cuts will be massive...258 million loss....non recoverable....that is a qtr of a billion dollars....if we do not come to market with something soon....there will not be an Eisai...ESI...whatever you want to call it....thinning out....For Sale signs are on the doors. This one will be ugly. DM's Regionals are not safe...too many regions....too many DM's. If you are spending the majority of your day looking for another job you are sadly mistaken yourself.

LOL at the Aciphex reps. A PPI? Please, they could go a number of ways. 1) samples by mail and telephone reps. 2) contract sales force
That product is nearing end of life cycle with generics, OTCs, etc. You are a fool to think you are safe.

LOL at the Aciphex reps. A PPI? Please, they could go a number of ways. 1) samples by mail and telephone reps. 2) contract sales force
That product is nearing end of life cycle with generics, OTCs, etc. You are a fool to think you are safe.
Oh..there is no way that we are safe either. We are going to be some of the last ones to go. LC's kamikaze style isn't workin. Anyone that sits up on stage and laughs arrogantly about layoffs is no leader I want to work for....I appreciate the candidness but come on...have some class.