• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Post National Anthem & b/f Super Bowl Kickoff

anonymous

Is where the Veozah commercial was slotted yesterday. Well done!! Likely the largest viewing audience to date who viewed the commercial. That expense is a fraction of what should be going to your incentive compensation payout. Consider that advertisement a "Hail Mary"...pun intended. If you don't get much traction out of that, you're cooked!

<

Everyone - the price is so high no one can afford it. Can you lower that out of pocket for the patient?
R&D/Medical - could we have 100k to fund a research study on our medicine to further understand safety and efficacy?
Marketing - let's blow $7 mil on the Super Bowl
but cost? but research?
Marketing - I said SUPER. BOWL. [clap emoji]
Execs - yea Superbowl is where our money should be going

What a complete waste of $. You need Reps out there promoting product. Reps are faking calls and not having conversations with Providers. Lazy Reps are screwing this up.

What a complete waste of $. You need Reps out there promoting product. Reps are faking calls and not having conversations with Providers. Lazy Reps are screwing this up.

All of a sudden the reps are lazy and faking stuff. With all the metrics they collect and observe faking things is minimal to almost nothing. Let me share the reality of the last 8 months with you. I have driven over 16 THOUSAND miles since June. I have blown through close to $40 Thousand dollars in lunch money. I have handed over 60 cases of Veozah and close to 100 cases of each does of Myrbetriq. My bonuses are averaging close to $5k with a sub-standard salary. My entire team is in the same boat. Now they are breathing down are necks and asking for impossible things. How long do you think I could keep this up. All of this with no insurance coverage. Then they spend $7 MILLION dollars for a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl while the reps aren't even going to come close to the measly $5k bonus.

Is this lazy? Please reply

but wait there's more.... don't forget what happened here during Covid. Astellas had to play Chicago politics with these liberals that work at HQ. Japanese leadership and Mr. Mark decided that all of Astellas American employee will get vaccinated or else lose their jobs. How many good people did we lose between Northbrook and Sales? Easily over 200 of our core people. What are we left with now? Knowing that we were going launch a new product, this is what they did to us. We had zero exemptions for the vaccine. This has been one disaster after another.

The same thing happened during the banking business during the 2008 economic collapse. Pretty much Astellas has drained the company from their talent. Poor bonuses, salaries, woke campaign, vaccine mandates. The people that left weren't making all that great money either. Many said the hell with this, nothing is keeping me here. Astellas doesn't learn though. They have now hired a bunch of new people with mediocre salaries. People will walk across the street for 5k to 10k easily. Its a vicious cycle. Horrific management.

All of a sudden the reps are lazy and faking stuff. With all the metrics they collect and observe faking things is minimal to almost nothing. Let me share the reality of the last 8 months with you. I have driven over 16 THOUSAND miles since June. I have blown through close to $40 Thousand dollars in lunch money. I have handed over 60 cases of Veozah and close to 100 cases of each does of Myrbetriq. My bonuses are averaging close to $5k with a sub-standard salary. My entire team is in the same boat. Now they are breathing down are necks and asking for impossible things. How long do you think I could keep this up. All of this with no insurance coverage. Then they spend $7 MILLION dollars for a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl while the reps aren't even going to come close to the measly $5k bonus.

I’m normally a pretty optimistic person. I agree putting in more work than ever, checking all the right boxes for targeting. I know that I have worked harder than ever with the mindset that we are in launch mode. If you look at the abandoned and rejected list, that tells an accurate story of the field. Remember the conference calls with managed markets saying “all we need to do is get the scripts to the pharmacy’ we will get those through”. How can we be lazy reps yet have more abandoned and rejected scripts than actual scripts filled. Why not address that elephant in the room? I could understand them micromanaging for non work. Micromanage every aspect of this failed launch. Take accountability for the things that are glaringly obvious. The culture is beyond toxic as a result.

16k miles and $40k in lunch $, but did you ask for the business?! Seems like you wasted gas $ and lunch $. Would love to know your ranking. I bet it’s below average.

I am sure you are not in sales, but have been instructed to speak to people in sales like this. This is the type of culture that has developed in Northbrook throughout the last several years. Now you understand why we are having major issues. This is a prime example of what we are up against. We are actually seeing it develop on cafepharma. Thank you for your contribution.

Now allow me to explain why the comment is so ignorant. IT DOESN"T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE RANKED BECAUSE NOBODY IS MAKING ANY MONEY! It doesn't matter if you are first or last. The sad thing is we continue to play this ranking game even without money. Its so ridiculous and its the foundation for the complete fracturing of a company.

Even if you ask for the business who is going to pay for product. NOBODY!! What a stupid statement.

Have seen this place deteriorate the last 5 years, starting with the very poor leadership at the top, worried more about woke-ness than they were about sales, or listening to their field sales force. Not sure what they were expecting when the managed markets team couldn't sell their way out of a paper bag with the payers, not too much you can do launching a drug with zero coverage, but oh hey everyone...just go out there and make it happen..and btw we have these fantastic tear sheets....righhhhhht

“It does not matter where you are ranked”?? I suppose Hawaii vacations or trips and merchandise they will be getting means nothing!

Sure lunch boy, maybe time to take accountability for being bad sales rep??

I am sure you are not in sales, but have been instructed to speak to people in sales like this. This is the type of culture that has developed in Northbrook throughout the last several years. Now you understand why we are having major issues. This is a prime example of what we are up against. We are actually seeing it develop on cafepharma. Thank you for your contribution.

Now allow me to explain why the comment is so ignorant. IT DOESN"T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE RANKED BECAUSE NOBODY IS MAKING ANY MONEY! It doesn't matter if you are first or last. The sad thing is we continue to play this ranking game even without money. Its so ridiculous and its the foundation for the complete fracturing of a company.

Even if you ask for the business who is going to pay for product. NOBODY!! What a stupid statement.

“It does not matter where you are ranked”?? I suppose Hawaii vacations or trips and merchandise they will be getting means nothing!

Sure lunch boy, maybe time to take accountability for being bad sales rep??

I see what you are doing. The price is right showcase that Astellas is offering in lieu of cash is insulting, ridiculous, and does not pay for milk, or the house. Nobody wants to go to the galapagos islands and not be able to put food on the table. I hope these people rot in hell.