Pfizer Expected to Hit Back Hard

Pfizer traditionally is a very aggressive, no nonsense, in-your-face type of a company. If the take over does happen, how the mellow, low key AZ employees will do under that typical New York culture????

Pfizer traditionally is a very aggressive, no nonsense, in-your-face type of a company. If the take over does happen, how the mellow, low key AZ employees will do under that typical New York culture????

Reps will survive. They'll change with time. What about the suck ass idiot managers of AZ? They better run...before their (no)skills are exposed!

It's not like they are going to padlock the doors the second the offer is accepted. It takes a long time to wind down something as large as AstraZeneca. I doubt they lay off a single person for at least the rest of 2014.

it will be Swift and effortless. They will have no shame in laying off reps as fast as possible like dogs in the gas chamber. they know it will be counterproductive to leave reps in the field waiting very long for an answer. Nobody will be working accordingly anyway.better to cut hard and fast than leave reps out there talking smack with customers.

it will be Swift and effortless. They will have no shame in laying off reps as fast as possible like dogs in the gas chamber. they know it will be counterproductive to leave reps in the field waiting very long for an answer. Nobody will be working accordingly anyway.better to cut hard and fast than leave reps out there talking smack with customers.

Poor little one! You obviously don't understand how mergers work. It will take close to a year for this deal to close out. You as a rep and low man on the pole will
have a job for at least 10 months. That is all carry on!

This isn't a merger. I'd be glad to have 10 months, but I saw what Pfizer did during the Wyeth fiasco, and have also been through one other "real" merger and a major pharma reorg. I'll take my experience over your empty promises.

This isn't a merger. I'd be glad to have 10 months, but I saw what Pfizer did during the Wyeth fiasco, and have also been through one other "real" merger and a major pharma reorg. I'll take my experience over your empty promises.

I personally can't wait until Pfizer buys us. That blue Pfizer logo on our badges and business cards will be the "golden key" to give us back door access to long closed offices. Pfizer is the 500 pound gorilla and offices will look to us as a resource, not as a nuisance. Get on with the merger! Let the good times roll once more!

Pfizer eliminates virtually all employess of whatever company it acquires. Look what happened to Wyeth after Pfizer took them over...virtually everyone gone within 12 months.

I personally can't wait until Pfizer buys us. That blue Pfizer logo on our badges and business cards will be the "golden key" to give us back door access to long closed offices. Pfizer is the 500 pound gorilla and offices will look to us as a resource, not as a nuisance. Get on with the merger! Let the good times roll once more!

You're delusional

+1

I am reading all these comments where some are happy, and some are concerned. Acquisitions are never healthy for the employees of the company being acquired. While I don't deny a change in leadership at times is good but I am worried about our careers. What would we do? Flip burgers? Pharma is dying and has no future. for those of us that have spent most of our career in pharma, what are our options? Think with foresightedness - career options look bleak. any serious and constructive career ideas?? Please share.