• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Performance -based coaching

Buy and bill is real sales and that’s why Novartis sucks at it. It can’t be done on the pharma model. That’s why each team has one territory carrying the whole thing- there is usually about one person per area who has actually done real buy and bill sales before and gets how to do it. Novartis doesn’t and their attempt to train pharma sales to do buy and bill has been abysmal with no end in sight. Meanwhile, I’m carrying my team and barely making a bonus.
giphy.gif

24 hour notice is coming for field rides. 2024 you will be micro managed to death. This is what Dez wants.

I don't care if you are right or wrong, as it doesn't make a difference anymore.
I'm just confused as to what the benefit would be.
Wouldn't it make some small measure of sense to have managers set a monthly schedule so they can pretend they're selling while at an appointment?
Either way. Whatever.
If there's a bad decision to be made, Novartis C.V. will make it, and do so enthusiastically.

I don't care if you are right or wrong, as it doesn't make a difference anymore.
I'm just confused as to what the benefit would be.
Wouldn't it make some small measure of sense to have managers set a monthly schedule so they can pretend they're selling while at an appointment?
Either way. Whatever.
If there's a bad decision to be made, Novartis C.V. will make it, and do so enthusiastically.
I worked many years for a couple of different companies who paid me very well in bonus for success and I barely ever saw a manger. I was way more productive there than here, where I am not trusted, bonuses well, or valued. All this does is make us all lose our fire. People who feel valued over produce and those who don’t under produce.

I worked many years for a couple of different companies who paid me very well in bonus for success and I barely ever saw a manger. I was way more productive there than here, where I am not trusted, bonuses well, or valued. All this does is make us all lose our fire. People who feel valued over produce and those who don’t under produce.

#unbossed

Nothing will change here at all. Bide your time and look for a better opportunity. Novartis doesn’t respect their people. Worst culture.

People will leave in droves come the new year. We are all waiting to shut it down from Thanksgiving until 2024. I know what's coming and it's really bad. Coaching up the ass and more micro managing. If we were making bonus we could deal.

There are always disgruntled reps complaining on cafepharma, but they are usually the bottom 20%. Here at Novartis, even those at the top of the IC plan are miserable. There is no celebration for success, just more ride alongs and metrics pressure.

Buy and bill is real sales and that’s why Novartis sucks at it. It can’t be done on the pharma model. That’s why each team has one territory carrying the whole thing- there is usually about one person per area who has actually done real buy and bill sales before and gets how to do it. Novartis doesn’t and their attempt to train pharma sales to do buy and bill has been abysmal with no end in sight. Meanwhile, I’m carrying my team and barely making a bonus.

I guess venting on here is your therapy but if you’re truly carrying your team and not making bonus why do you chose to stay?

Why do I choose to stay? Because I have a pension, guaranteed healthcare until 65 whether here or not. Been through 13 layoffs/restructures and at this point want a severance package to go away. It’s hard to stay though. Leqvio shitshow not getting better.