• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Pay for oncology

Gilead check for reimbursement of my interview expenses bounced ....

You aren't kidding either. I went to cash my reimbursement for interview check and it took an hour at the bank because they had to call and make sure there were funds to cover the check that Gilead wrote. After waiting for an hour I told them to forget it. Made me wonder about the operations of this company. Very strange.

You are nucking futz. Thats what they are paying the RD's

Then they would be the lowest paid RD's in oncology. Look around at other companies and see what they are paying reps. There are no tenured oncology reps making less than $135-$145 so they are not jumping at Gilead for 'even money' and a small number of RSU/Options. Just for your information oncology managers with any tenure are making $180K to $200K...I should know as I am one and I took a long look at Gilead and decided not to pursue it since the equity position was too low, but you will be competitive on salaries especially at the rep level.