Package Details Anyone?

<

Anyone know about the sev package offered to CV reps? 2 weeks for every year of service?

Folks, I have been through this many times over. A few things you should know:

1. You have to reach your service anniversary. If you are hitting 10 years on Sept 15th, you get 9 years for the equation. They won't prorate months.
2. Your separation package is large but the first page lists your payout. It may look large but remember, severance doesn't take out 401k, car, med,dental,etc. Keep in mind you will be taxed at your bonus rate on the amount.
3. Yes, two weeks pay for each year of service plus in the past they have added a gratis 4 weeks to the equation. That may have changed but we will see.
4. You will get 1 year of Cobra, take it! You get med and dental for a year for what you pay now as an employee (around $200 per month). Even if you get a job which offers benes it is added protection for you.
5. They will offer free job placement,etc. Nice gesture but you can do the same with Indeed, Monster,Linkedin,etc.

*I would be happy to answer any questions as I have gone through this 9 times in 25 years and managed to lateral over last minute.
Signed,
Displacement King

Defuckingdervishian says all the information is on the HR website. I can't find any of the financials on there. Like, is it really two weeks for every year worked? This place does suck ass. Glad to be gone.

for the displacement king: why would severance take out company car if that gets turned in in november? also, if cobra is offered once you re terminated why would med and dental get taken out of severance. lastly, can you opt out or reduce 401k contribution?

for the displacement king: why would severance take out company car if that gets turned in in november? also, if cobra is offered once you re terminated why would med and dental get taken out of severance. lastly, can you opt out or reduce 401k contribution?

King here, you misread. I stated your severance Check will appear large because they DO NOT take out 401k, med-dental, fleet car costs,etc for your one time severance Check. Also, do not dwell on signing the separation paperwork as it can take about two weeks to receive after your last day of employment.

Displacement King

King here, you misread. I stated your severance Check will appear large because they DO NOT take out 401k, med-dental, fleet car costs,etc for your one time severance Check. Also, do not dwell on signing the separation paperwork as it can take about two weeks to receive after your last day of employment.

Displacement King

Long live the King, thank you! How do you keep hanging on over the years King?

Displacement King
The king is no doubt a Queen or a Dude!

Displacement King

Get ready to be in the highest tax bracket of your life.

Displacement King

Get ready to be in the highest tax bracket of your life!

1. You have to reach your service anniversary. If you are hitting 10 years on Sept 15th, you get 9 years for the equation. They won't prorate months.
2. Your separation package is large but the first page lists your payout. It may look large but remember, severance doesn't take out 401k, car, med,dental,etc. Keep in mind you will be taxed at your bonus rate on the amount.
3. Yes, two weeks pay for each year of service plus in the past they have added a gratis 4 weeks to the equation. That may have changed but we will see.
4. You will get 1 year of Cobra, take it! You get med and dental for a year for what you pay now as an employee (around $200 per month). Even if you get a job which offers benes it is added protection for you.
5. They will offer free job placement,etc. Nice gesture but you can do the same with Indeed, Monster,Linkedin,etc.

*I would be happy to answer any questions as I have gone through this 9 times in 25 years and managed to lateral over last minute.
Signed,
Displacement King

Mostly right, except one point. Cobra. With Cobra you pay the entire cost of the plan at Merck's rate. Because it is such a large group Merck is able to get better plans at a better price than an individual policy. Unfortunately we have to pay a much higher fee than we are used to paying. Call HR if you don't believe me. I can't afford to pay that so my family will have to be without coverage for a little while. This really sucks. Yes we get a severance but it is a very competitive job market right now and it is taking a much longer time to gain employment. Companies know that they are in the drivers seat and are playing their hand.

Signed,
Displacement King

Mostly right, except one point. Cobra. With Cobra you pay the entire cost of the plan at Merck's rate. Because it is such a large group Merck is able to get better plans at a better price than an individual policy. Unfortunately we have to pay a much higher fee than we are used to paying. Call HR if you don't believe me. I can't afford to pay that so my family will have to be without coverage for a little while. This really sucks. Yes we get a severance but it is a very competitive job market right now and it is taking a much longer time to gain employment. Companies know that they are in the drivers seat and are playing their hand.

King here, I forgot to mention I was fired 9 times not laid off so my situation is different.

My friends, Displacement King here, looks like we have an imposter. No I wasn't fired but displaced numerous times over the years. Many times I had separation papers in hand! My advice, make calls asap to managers of all Merck divisions in your area. If you are a Zont rep that may mean going to PC sales. So what? Same pay, bonus, car, etc. You will be better off financially in the long run. Plus if you end up disliking the job you can take your time finding employment elsewhere. Otherwise you will be settling for the first ABC pharma offer you get. Your move on the chess board. Make it count.

The King