• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Overtime Lawsuit Stands, Sept. Payout

Anonymous

Hi Friends, ignore the weirdos who are posting other messages. The legal firm handling our lawsuit has stated numerous times that Novartis cannot renegotiate, plus Novartis passed the appeal deadline Aug. 3rd. We will all get the monies owed, but in September. See the legal firm's site for the actual announcement: swhlegal.com then see cases or google search Novartis overtime class action legal firm. They state that the Aug to Sept mailout revision is due to complicated calculations taking more time than expected. Have a glass of wine and relax tonight, Diane

<

Hi Friends, ignore the weirdos who are posting other messages. The legal firm handling our lawsuit has stated numerous times that Novartis cannot renegotiate, plus Novartis passed the appeal deadline Aug. 3rd. We will all get the monies owed, but in September. See the legal firm's site for the actual announcement: swhlegal.com then see cases or google search Novartis overtime class action legal firm. They state that the Aug to Sept mailout revision is due to complicated calculations taking more time than expected. Have a glass of wine and relax tonight, Diane

How can they have missed the appeal date if it is tomorrow?

Oh makes me think of that catchy tune by The Happenings, "See You in September". Vintage Novartis, just farting out $$$$ like a Pez dispenser. It's actually a shame that it's Wage and Hour...totally misses the mark. It should be for the continuing hostile environment that continues to exist for anyone who speaks up, calls BS , and exposes gross incompetence. Most of these bullies are rearranged to figure-head positions not responsible for driving business whatsoever - special assistant to the global head assisting in rearranging label color management. So a few chickens have come home to roost.....many more will follow. Keep the checkbook handy.

When I called Rust yesterday they confirmed that the payouts were delayed due to the need for recalculation, but they said the pay-date would run between September and December 31st of this year...no confirmation that it would be in September for sure. I then called SWH and they said the same thing.

The paralegal at SWH also said that there were no guarantees that this matter was completely settled, there "are always unforeseen issues that can arise in legal matters" were her exact words.

"Diane" and any other posters who are trying to sound like they're authorities or know "facts" are simply trying to sound official, but they don't know what's really going on.

fyi

When I called Rust yesterday they confirmed that the payouts were delayed due to the need for recalculation, but they said the pay-date would run between September and December 31st of this year...no confirmation that it would be in September for sure. I then called SWH and they said the same thing.

The paralegal at SWH also said that there were no guarantees that this matter was completely settled, there "are always unforeseen issues that can arise in legal matters" were her exact words.

"Diane" and any other posters who are trying to sound like they're authorities or know "facts" are simply trying to sound official, but they don't know what's really going on.

fyi

You're the perfect definition of "work harder not smarter"...all the info you needed to know is sitting on their website as stated by a previous poster... Here's the link little one :
http://www.swhlegal.com/cases/item.html?item_id=64432

You're the perfect definition of "work harder not smarter"...all the info you needed to know is sitting on their website as stated by a previous poster... Here's the link little one :
http://www.swhlegal.com/cases/item.html?item_id=64432

Uh, wouldn't the "smarter" way to go about this have been to just ignore the poster rather than go to the trouble to get the website link, come back to CF, paste and comment about something as silly as a non-existent argument? Seems like you're working hard to argue about nothing. Just a thought, "smart worker!"

Gee must be real tough what with computers & all + computerized HR records to figure out the established payout formulas for a few thousand reps. (insert sarcasm here)
Sounds like a play to hold on to $100 mil & suck extra interest as long as possible

Uh, wouldn't the "smarter" way to go about this have been to just ignore the poster rather than go to the trouble to get the website link, come back to CF, paste and comment about something as silly as a non-existent argument? Seems like you're working hard to argue about nothing. Just a thought, "smart worker!"

No argument..didn't have to leave the page..done very quickly, no trouble at all because I already knew about about the link (which people will find more helpful than he said she said calls)..your feelings are hurt ..You'll be fine..but I understand if you need to continue to rant and rave..have fun doing it by yourself..I'm done with this thread..enjoy.

Anybody else get a call?

I got a call today from Novartis's legal counsel offering me an "opt out settlement" if I would agree to remove myself from the class for the OT settlement. I live in CA and they were talking about offering me $10K if I was to opt out before a settlement check amount was decided upon. The lawyer suggested I do this because it would show that I hadn't sued my employer in the future as well as protect me if the case is reversed between now and the expected date of a payout.
Did anyone else get this call?

Are u sure? Can counsel of an opposing side talk to you? Can Nov go against their offered settlement (which included a stmt that the BMS case wouldn't affect this case)? Can an appeal happen after the appeal deadline? Are u just having fun messing around on CP? Also in CA, no call.

This person is trying to stir up more rumors. Just like the people who said they already received checks or the people who said the case was appealed or those who said the checks were coming in December... The law firm would not post something in writing on their website if the information was false. The legal backlash would be tremendous! The case is done and you will receive no phone calls from Novartis, Novartis counsel, SWH legal or a 3rd party clearinghouse. Just wait for your check. It's over.

"Contrary to misinformation that has been circulating around the internet, the Settlement is final and not in jeopardy. Due to an abundance of caution and a desire to ensure that every class member gets his or her fair share of the Settlement, the calculation of individual awards has taken longer than anticipated. Accordingly, we expect the checks to be mailed in September instead of August. This delay will not jeopardize the checks themselves; it will only affect the timing of the mailing."