Outside interview feedback

Over the past 6 years, I have interviewed and rejected 18 candidates with Genentech experience (in IT, Quality, Validation, and Project Management): reason is the same - resumes looks stellar, but candidates were unable to provide substantive examples of their specific hard contributions - their depth of knowledge was very weak, their primary skill was in knowing how to navigate the internal processes & politics within Genentech - these skills are not transferable or valuable elsewhere. A pity, candidates were likeable enough, just overestimated the value of their Genentech experience, and thought they were a shoo-in for new outside roles
Calling out BS. I, and many other colleagues, had several offers when we decided to leave GNE and were the #1 candidates with many companies. Sure there are a few arrogant slack-asses at GNE but the ones hired years ago were the cream. Then Roche came along and, well, we know the rest of that story. Now the dregs, suck-ups, no-talents are left. Anyone who is quality has left or is on their way out.

I have been asked some usual and unprofessional questions during a handful of interviews throughout my career before and during my days with gene and half where bad mouthing Genentech and half where just idiots that made me walk out of interviews and it had nothing to due with gene. If someone is going to bad mouth your current employer during an interview you have a choice and the choice is yours to make. Don't let people wast your time. Live and learn..

Not sure what either poster above meant with regards to the racial comment. However, most companies in this arena don’t hire a lot of black people. This isn’t new news tho.

I am an outside rep who has always wanted to get hired at genentech. But after a series of interviews, I felt the elitist vibe from the interviewees and decided not to continue with the process because my friendliness would have not been welcome here. I still think the company has a good reputation amongst industry representatives though so I am surprised to see this thread

People on the outside may not know how bad it is on the inside. These threads shed light on what is really going on and it is pretty sad how they destroyed a once great company. If it was not for COVID tests, they'd be a lot worse off.