• Tue news: Obesity pill race heats up. Express Scripts sues FTC. More ESMO data. Kairos IPO. Daiichi-Merck guided-missile cancer drug. See more on our front page

Oncology Marketing

The field organizations of most companies have known this exact thing for quite a while. Access has gotten more difficult and the number of customer we see on a whole is dismally small. But, no one says anything because no one from rep to VP of sales wants to lose their job. The fact is, these drugs are so expensive, salaries will continue to be paid , regardless of what reps do or don't do. Enjoy the ride, I thought it would have been over a long time ago. I am lucky and only have a few years left of this bullshit.

The field organizations of most companies have known this exact thing for quite a while. Access has gotten more difficult and the number of customer we see on a whole is dismally small. But, no one says anything because no one from rep to VP of sales wants to lose their job. The fact is, these drugs are so expensive, salaries will continue to be paid , regardless of what reps do or don't do. Enjoy the ride, I thought it would have been over a long time ago. I am lucky and only have a few years left of this bullshit.
Such an idiotic and uninformed rep comment. Rep access is not what keeps the VP of Sales around. Reps don't sell anything. The product has already been sold before you walk into an office or clinic.

Get real. Your call average is 2 providers a week. You’re all overpaid and the OBU is bloated, no one says anything including managers because they don’t want to lose jobs, highly paid for faking calls.

No one in oncology has access. None of them do much of anything. Overpaid. Sad waste of money. It’s that secret no one talks about.

So says a current or former primary care rep who just delivers samples. For those of us with relationships and advanced degrees it’s different. Sorry, but, most of you street piggies really shouldn’t be in this specialty, you’re not qualified. Delivering coffee and snacks for you dumb PC reps is all that you can offer.

THE TRUTH IS - Lilly is just too Big Pharma! Just like Merck and Pfizer, they’ve ruining oncology.

Problem with Lilly is too many undergrad primary care people in Oncology marketing, leadership, sales.

That’s why Jake from Loxo, a real biotech company, is trying to fix this metric minded bunch.