Oncology Division

Anonymous

So how are things going in this division? Any talk of lay offs? How is management? I am going to interview for an oncology opening in So Cal. Any honest feedback (if possible) would be appreciated.

<

Pipeline is weak for several years ...the big daddy drug Gleevec is going generic in 18 months, leadership is a bunch of amatuers. Most sold their soul to Obamacare in hopes of hitting it big. Overpriced drugs.

NJ management are nice people but clueless. They all come from primary care. There is a lack of deep oncology knowledge with over half of the reps and going all the way to the top. They act like talking about payer and reimbursement is a new thing yet still use 1980's buzzwords like total office call. After being hired, there is no respect for anything you've done in your career prior to Novartis. Departments under the same upper management don't talk to each other so don't think there are lots of opportunities for advancement. If you are interested in a different job, forget it because the silos are so thick walled no one will know who you are. ASMs are ridiculously in to role playing and rote messaging as the cure all. Amazing products but unrealistic market expectations with breast cancer and abject fear of the future on the CML side. It could all fall apart with major layoffs in 2015 because Gleevec generic will take back anything Tasigna has gained because products will be decided on cost. A third of your time is spent doing compliance training and other paperwork nonsense. There is no corporate understanding of how to work in days of the sunshine act and most reps can't see anyone without the crutch of a lunch. The computer systems are not intuitive and are the worse I've ever worked with, but hey, there are IPads! There is an air of apathy and long timers just assume it is the same way everywhere but if you came from somewhere else you know this isn't true. Good choices in cars. Drugs that really save lives and make a difference. Pay and benefits are outstanding so it is a great place to come if you want to bide your time watching your career stagnate until retirement or layoff.

I agree with the above post on just about everything. I would disagree about the pay. The pay is not great, especially compared to oncology reps in other companies. Novartis doesn't acknowledge that the marketplace pays more to oncology reps, so Novartis oncology reps are paid the same as a gen meds rep. Therefore, they are underpaid, comparatively.

Also, the oncology group is having trouble with data reporting, so, while the company is getting its money, the credit is not rolling back down properly to the individual rep. So, reps aren't receiving what they should be getting in bonus pay.

Novartis oncology has a retention problem right now because it is under-rewarding its sales reps.

So how are things going in this division? Any talk of lay offs? How is management? I am going to interview for an oncology opening in So Cal. Any honest feedback (if possible) would be appreciated.

If you want to eat bull shit, then get your fork ready!

You don't have to enjoy eating the BS, you can serve it back to Management - just cater 1 to 2 lunches a week and tell every one how hard you work every day.

One of the worst Hem/Onc companies I have ever worked!

Mgmt based on diversity & gender not experience. Lots of BS and time spent justifing your job. Too many meetings with same old messages and 1980's role playing

Most start here and use experience to move on to real Hem/Onc biotech companies.

If you like being under a microscope and watched everything you do than this is the place for you. If not don't work here

Worst experience I ever had as a rep!!!!!!!!

Please refer to the New England Journal of Medicine dated nov 8th..Ariad drug trial done with hleevec and tasignia pts. Two paragraphs down...this in light of recent reports with nilotinib.pts reporting..

What did dr. David olagangu know in 2006? Bring it up on a regional conf call and listen for the cover up. Also, why did canadian health make novartis send out a warning letter? Why the change in the PI. I'm in the industry and know the game.

Please refer to the New England journal of med dated nov 8 2013. Ariad trials done with gleevec and tasignia pts had unusual high incidence of atheroschros is...fda halts truals..this in light of recent reports of nilotinib pts reporting as well.

Canada health made novartis send out a warning letter in 2012. What was Dr. David olajungu blowing the whistle about in 2006. I'm in the industry and we all know trials are meant to deliver drug approval and are skewed.

Ask your dm or better yet, ask about it on a regional conf call and watch the back peddling to keep you focused.

Follow the dots of lies and what it did for pt safety.

Not up to date on the Tasigna label changes since I left a few years ago. I only left for family reasons but would have loved to have stayed for the remainder of my working years. I had a great boss, great team, and great customers. Family just comes first. The products are good solid products, and Novartis is THE innovator in CML. I would go back in a heart beat if the right position came up and I was looking. The company I am with now is great - but so is Novartis. A LOT of good people there.

To the poster that said I must have it confused with something else. I wish I could paste a picture of my recent surgery...its called a. Femoropopliteal Bypass. I almost lost my foot and have s nice scar from below my knee to above my groin area. Not confused....happened in a very short period of time within taking tasigna. No other health ussue...non smoker, not obese, no family history. Unfortunately I have CML. Gleevec was good for a longtime but I had to switch to rasigna. Lot worse side effects and its a BID dosage..

Promote because that's your job but seriously look into what I have posted snd let your drs be aware that muscle cramps in the legs should be examined and monitored before it gets to late.

Transparency and patients safety is part of your responsibilty as well.

After several years now I've had Dr.'s in my territory treat several hundred patients with tasigna.....not one has had this issue.

It affected you, guess it sucks to be you.

After several years now I've had Dr.'s in my territory treat several hundred patients with tasigna.....not one has had this issue.

It affected you, guess it sucks to be you.

what a fuc'n liar - several hundred - hahaha bull shit - nobody has had anywhere near "several hundred" and I know…the #1 rep in the USA doesn't have that many shit head.

Please refer to the New England Journal of Medicine dated nov 8th..Ariad drug trial done with hleevec and tasignia pts. Two paragraphs down...this in light of recent reports with nilotinib.pts reporting..

What did dr. David olagangu know in 2006? Bring it up on a regional conf call and listen for the cover up. Also, why did canadian health make novartis send out a warning letter? Why the change in the PI. I'm in the industry and know the game.

This is starting to sound a lot like the Zometa AE CYA's coverups.