• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

October 30th Conf Call

So what was the call about? I had to miss, because of a sampling appointment I had scheduled months ago at the local IHN. If I canceled it would have been 6 months before I could get back in. Please tell me what the call was about.

The conference call said NOTHING! Just that we are going to have customer service reps, and certain divisions will get iPads, but best news of all more ITPs to do.........

Any inside scoop on the details?

Did anyone want to laugh how we had to do survey with dr's to learn that they do not like to have to "work with our company's stupid metrics." WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO DO. Just stop the crap and have a layoff. New products will come out and customers will want contact at that point but if we piss them off it does not matter.

Did anyone want to laugh how we had to do survey with dr's to learn that they do not like to have to "work with our company's stupid metrics." WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO DO. Just stop the crap and have a layoff. New products will come out and customers will want contact at that point but if we piss them off it does not matter.

OMG, how much did we pay a consulting firm to tell us what any one of us could have told them. NOW, how many dr's want to see our managers? Did they do that research?

This call is not mandatory for sales reps so I am thinking it is not going to be "the call" where they announce layoffs, realignments or anything of that nature. So sleep in my fellow reps!
you are such a dumb ass. And obviously not been in pharma that long. Clueless at best. They never announce layoffs on a big conference call. Your boss will call you one on one and say "therefore your territory has been eliminated".

OMG, how much did we pay a consulting firm to tell us what any one of us could have told them. NOW, how many dr's want to see our managers? Did they do that research?

Best post I have seen for a long, long time. Doctors hate managers, yet it is part of the Lilly sales mantra.

Best managers I ever had during my long career were the ones who would say as we pulled up to the next clinic--"you handle this one by yourself, I'll stay in the car"!