• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Ocrevus

anonymous

Hey Genentech,

I have MS. My doctor wants me to switch to Ocrevus. I have commercial insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. I talked to them yesterday. Unfortunately, Ocrevus is not covered on their PDL. She said my doctor could do an appeal to the insurance company. Do any of you who represent this drug have any suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help.

<

Hey Genentech,

I have MS. My doctor wants me to switch to Ocrevus. I have commercial insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. I talked to them yesterday. Unfortunately, Ocrevus is not covered on their PDL. She said my doctor could do an appeal to the insurance company. Do any of you who represent this drug have any suggestions.

Switch to the preferred agent. Simple.

You are a real ass hole! Who in this industry would say something like that?? You are the epitome of people that have one of the BEST jobs/career in the world and are negative as hell. Pharma needs to find MFers like you and get rid of you.

Hey Genentech,

You may be deemed uninsured since your payer doesn't cover it. If your doctor's office can provide you the denial from the insurance, Genentech will pay for it as long as you meet all the criteria. Hope that helps,.

First of all ‘if” you are a real patient my advice would be to never come to this web site again. This is NOT a patient website. This is a website where those that work for each company can bitch and moan about virtually everything. Most of us here would be quite skeptical that a patient would post here. Generally speaking competitors post as patients, but I’m sure you aren’t a competitor.

‘If’ you are a patient, contact your doctor, who will contact the appropriate Genentech person to help you. Getting information from a anonymous internet site is not wise. Good luck.

First of all ‘if” you are a real patient my advice would be to never come to this web site again. This is NOT a patient website. This is a website where those that work for each company can bitch and moan about virtually everything. Most of us here would be quite skeptical that a patient would post here. Generally speaking competitors post as patients, but I’m sure you aren’t a competitor.

‘If’ you are a patient, contact your doctor, who will contact the appropriate Genentech person to help you. Getting information from a anonymous internet site is not wise. Good luck.

( ))===D~~

What on earth is wrong with you people. The Access Solutions info is basically public so let’s not assume a competitor is surfing for info. MS patient there are many options please go to Ocrevus website and click on patient section. You will need cooperation from your doctor to do an appeal to your insurance. In addition there is a foundation that has bnothing to do with the company who makes Ocrevus. If your appeal doesn’t work they can refer you to the Foundation but because you have coverage you may not get approved based on your income. Here is RX outreach number as well: 1-888-796-1234. Best of luck to you MS patient there are plenty of us out there who really do care about patients!

First, a PDL lists pharmacy benefit drugs not medical benefit. Ocrevus is covered by BSBS of Illinois as a Medical Benefit. Second, your diagnosis and testing/chart documentation will help to determine if you are specifically covered.