Nsm Metabolics buzz kill on last day

My DM told me we will be a co-promoting a new product in the near future! There is a new life for us - - - she was very POSITIVE!

Yes that is very true. We will be pedaling Vagagel. It makes women more masculine like our fearless leader and incites ball busting behavior.
Its going to be a blockbuster, er ballbuster.
I'm excited too cause my wife could use some more fire down there.

Yes that is very true. We will be pedaling Vagagel. It makes women more masculine like our fearless leader and incites ball busting behavior.
Its going to be a blockbuster, er ballbuster.
I'm excited too cause my wife could use some more fire down there.

The only copromote we will be seeing is pushing "fries with that?"

I wonder if your DM is referring to co-promoting Libigel. It would explain why Dr Michael Snabes was hired.

yeah, good luck witht that ever getting thru the FDA. Testosterone treatment for women geared towards increasing libido. Great next we should promote men take estrogen to promote a sense of emotional and irrational thinking. The risks associated with that crap are far outweighing the FDA's interest in women popping their nut more often.
Wake the hell up!

yeah, good luck witht that ever getting thru the FDA. Testosterone treatment for women geared towards increasing libido. Great next we should promote men take estrogen to promote a sense of emotional and irrational thinking. The risks associated with that crap are far outweighing the FDA's interest in women popping their nut more often.
Wake the hell up!

Did I dream it or has there not been very recent strong controvery regarding cardio risk in men when using testosterone therapy? Something about huge increases in CV events in men who recently started testosterone therapy?

Given this as a backdrop, what serious chance does anyone give that testosterone therapy will ever be approved for woman. Short answer: no f'en way!

Did I dream it or has there not been very recent strong controvery regarding cardio risk in men when using testosterone therapy? Something about huge increases in CV events in men who recently started testosterone therapy?

Given this as a backdrop, what serious chance does anyone give that testosterone therapy will ever be approved for woman. Short answer: no f'en way!

Hope springs eternal for some of these deluded snake oil salespeople. Testosterone, wow! Try calling 1-800-Androgel and talk to one of a million lawyers waiting in the wings to make some big bucks on some more class actions.

Seems to me that the following patent application for "Methods for decreasing cardiovascular risk in postmenopausal women" may have something to do with it.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...D&d=PG01&s1=simes.IN.&OS=IN/simes&RS=IN/simes

Check out the following excerpts form the patent application:

[0090] In certain embodiments the decrease in the risk of a cardiovascular event in the treated women compared to the risk of cardiovascular events in untreated women is at least 10%, at least 20%, at least 30%, at least 40%, at least 50%, at least 60%, at least 70%, at least 75%, at least 80%, at least 85%, at least 90%, at least 95%, or at least 99%.

[0104] There were eight adjudicated cardiovascular events determined from this Phase 3 clinical trial after greater than 4,000 woman-years of therapy. A comparison of the observed number of cardiovascular events to the expected rate of cardiovascular events revealed that the number of observed events was only about 29% of those expected, resulting in a 71% reduction in cardiovascular events.

As I understand it, Abbvie may have a claim on prior art in a previous Solvay patent application which appears to have been denied due to lack of clinical trial data. This patent application has the clinical data that was missing in Solvay's application.

Diff OP here. How old is this supposed patent data? My guess is it is extremely dated. That indication for women has been pushed off for many many years.
The recent negative data pertaining to men and CV risk increase associated with test, therapy is very recent. Latest word is a black box warning is imminent.
Sorry, I am in Met and would love to be wearing those pink shaded glasses, but I'm not going to kid myself.

Diff OP here. How old is this supposed patent data? My guess is it is extremely dated. That indication for women has been pushed off for many many years.
The recent negative data pertaining to men and CV risk increase associated with test, therapy is very recent. Latest word is a black box warning is imminent.
Sorry, I am in Met and would love to be wearing those pink shaded glasses, but I'm not going to kid myself.

I wouldn't dismiss Libigel so quickly. The Libigel data is further ahead of Androgel in proving it's safety.

The trial data is part of the Libigel SAFETY TRIAL that started in 2008 and ended Sept 2012 with over 7300 person years of data. The following month Biosante announces the proposed merger with ANI Pharmaceuticals, a company that specializes in hormone manufacturing.

September 04, 2012
Phase 3 Trial Update of LibiGel for Female Sexual Dysfunction

BioSante announced positive safety data from Phase 3 trials of LibiGel (testosterone) for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction (FSD), specifically, hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in menopausal women; the company announced that the independent Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) has completed the ninth unblinded review of the LibiGel Phase 3 cardiovascular (CV) events and breast cancer safety study and has recommended that the LibiGel study should continue as per the FDA-agreed protocol, without modifications.

The Phase 3 LibiGel safety study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study. The LibiGel safety study tracked a predefined list of CV events, in agreement with the FDA, including CV death, myocardial infarction and stroke, in women ≥50 years of age and suffering from at least two CV risk factors (eg, hypertension and diabetes).

The objective of the safety study was to show the relative safety of testosterone compared to placebo in the number of cardiovascular (CV) events, as well as the incidence of breast cancer. At the time of this DMC review, there have been 53 adjudicated CV events, with a lower than anticipated event rate of approximately 0.72%. In the same population of subjects, there have been 27 breast cancers reported, a rate of approximately 0.37%, which is in line with the expected rate based on the ages of the subjects enrolled in the study.

Given this latest review during which no specific or general safety issues were raised, and after extensive consideration, BioSante also announced the conclusion of the LibiGel Phase 3 safety study effective immediately. Prior to the initiation of the LibiGel safety study in 2008, the FDA advised BioSante that subjects in the cardiovascular event and breast cancer safety study had to have a minimum average exposure in the safety study of 12 months prior to submitting a LibiGel new drug application (NDA), and prior to a potential FDA approval of LibiGel. At this time, subjects have been in this study for an average time of 24.5 months; more than 3,200 subjects have been in the study for more than one year and over 1,700 subjects have been enrolled for more than two years. With this ninth positive unblinded review of the study by the DMC, and over 7,300 women-years of exposure, BioSante believes that adequate safety data of LibiGel use in menopausal women has been obtained.

LibiGel is a topical testosterone gel that is absorbed through the skin and delivers testosterone to the bloodstream over time.

http://www.empr.com/phase-3-trial-update-of-libigel-for-female-sexual-dysfunction/article/257271/

It's just some crazy shareholder dreaming he is going to hit a winner.

Sorry folks, after all the bad press on testosterone, no one, unless they are living in a cave, will want to try this.

Risk vs reward. With no competition in the female market and the safety data to support it, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility, so readily. The global position on Estrogen use has changed because it is better understood and were able to identify the optimal patient group. The same should be done with Testosterone.

Reducing the risk of cardiovascular events, including one of the following occurrences: a cardiovascular death, a non-fatal stroke, a non-fatal myocardial infarction, hospitalized unstable angina (including acute coronary syndrome), angioplasty, coronary bypass surgery, a pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, by over 70% in at risk postmenopausal women may be worth the risk. Especially with over 7300 person years of safety data collected over 4 years to reduce the risk any further FDA requirement may impose. Could a Phase IV post marketing study make it worth the risk?

Risk vs reward. With no competition in the female market and the safety data to support it, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility, so readily. The global position on Estrogen use has changed because it is better understood and were able to identify the optimal patient group. The same should be done with Testosterone.

Reducing the risk of cardiovascular events, including one of the following occurrences: a cardiovascular death, a non-fatal stroke, a non-fatal myocardial infarction, hospitalized unstable angina (including acute coronary syndrome), angioplasty, coronary bypass surgery, a pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, by over 70% in at risk postmenopausal women may be worth the risk. Especially with over 7300 person years of safety data collected over 4 years to reduce the risk any further FDA requirement may impose. Could a Phase IV post marketing study make it worth the risk?

You are waaaaay too wrapped up in this fantasy. No way, no how, is testosterone use going to be expanded. If it ever is, it will take a millennium of data to satisfy the FDA of its safety.
I truly hope you are not a Metabolic rep thinking this has even a remote chance of saving your ass.

Former abbvie eimployee and on androgel, My doc refused to refill it without complete check up every 3 months which of course insurance wont pay for so there ya go....Doctors are scared to death on using andro or others due to the buzz around events and all the lawsuits, just watch any tv at all and you will see the test gel lawsuits and the scumbag lawyers lining up to milk it dry...

Former abbvie eimployee and on androgel, My doc refused to refill it without complete check up every 3 months which of course insurance wont pay for so there ya go....Doctors are scared to death on using andro or others due to the buzz around events and all the lawsuits, just watch any tv at all and you will see the test gel lawsuits and the scumbag lawyers lining up to milk it dry...

Agreed. Serious Adverse Events coming to AbbVie real soon.

You are waaaaay too wrapped up in this fantasy. No way, no how, is testosterone use going to be expanded. If it ever is, it will take a millennium of data to satisfy the FDA of its safety.
I truly hope you are not a Metabolic rep thinking this has even a remote chance of saving your ass.

Libigel already comes with an SPA agreement which includes a provision for post marketing study. The first part of the safety study has finished having exceeded it's pre-marketing requiremenst. Libigel is now in the hands of ANI Pharmaceuticals (through a merger with Biosante), a company with large capacity for hormone manufacturing. The lead investigator in the safety trial, and one of the inventors of the patent application claiming to reduce the risk of Cardiovascular events in at risk post menopausal women, is Dr Michael Sabes who was hired by Abbvie as their Sr Director of Men and Women's Health.

If reps are losing their jobs, they may wish to find out more about why Dr Snabes was really hired by Abbvie

eimployee

MORON

Libigel already comes with an SPA agreement which includes a provision for post marketing study. The first part of the safety study has finished having exceeded it's pre-marketing requiremenst. Libigel is now in the hands of ANI Pharmaceuticals (through a merger with Biosante), a company with large capacity for hormone manufacturing. The lead investigator in the safety trial, and one of the inventors of the patent application claiming to reduce the risk of Cardiovascular events in at risk post menopausal women, is Dr Michael Sabes who was hired by Abbvie as their Sr Director of Men and Women's Health.

If reps are losing their jobs, they may wish to find out more about why Dr Snabes was really hired by Abbvie

How many studies showed estrogen replacement for women was healthy before its truth came out and it dropped like a rock. Maybe men should take lots of estrogen and women testosterone and then everyone will be much healthier.
You are a naïve idiot if you think skepticism for HRT is not a huge issue.
Keep on your job search, any new HRT FDA approvals are many years away, and probably NEVER. Your chances of surviving the shitstorm coming in Androland are very small.

How many studies showed estrogen replacement for women was healthy before its truth came out and it dropped like a rock. Maybe men should take lots of estrogen and women testosterone and then everyone will be much healthier.
You are a naïve idiot if you think skepticism for HRT is not a huge issue.
Keep on your job search, any new HRT FDA approvals are many years away, and probably NEVER. Your chances of surviving the shitstorm coming in Androland are very small.

word. I don't see anything coming towards us down the tracks except another train.
Met is the next CC only not so sure the severance will be as good.

NSM in Dallas SUCKED - bad location, bad hotel, non-motivating.

Want to get reps motivated at the beginning of the year -- take them somewhere where there is a lot of energy, things to do away from the hotel, and good restaurants.

Post suggestions.....