Now Invokana and other SGLT Have Problems

We paid big $ for insurance for exactly this kind of thing.

Patient health First, now go out there and sell. You can tell the doctors it is safe because we said thou can say that and we have lawsuit insurance. You are not going to get sued as an employee following orders so go ahead.

Stop pretending to have morals.

OK..can someone explain to me how an SGLT2 inhibitor can contribute to DKA?

I've always thought that DKA results from having too little insulin, leading to blood sugar levels which are much too high....

I love the trolls that show up on here to say the sky is falling.
The SGLT2 class is a great class and helping a lot of people.
There is no perfect medication, just look at Metformin, hmm black box for lactic acidosis and it's the GOLD STANDARD.
Every product has its issues, don't throw stones when you live in a glass house idiot.

I've always thought that DKA results from having too little insulin, leading to blood sugar levels which are much too high....

Perhaps these patients are at the stage in type 2 diabetes where they were not producing enough insulin to allow adequate glucose into their cells thus resulting in fat breakdown for fuel...resulting in DKA. But I would imagine this would be very rare. Does anyone else have a better or more thorough explanation?

Docs using it on off label! Using it on type 1's and low GFR. Farxiga was only on the market for 3 months when this popped up.