• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Novartis Pay

anonymous

Just learned my Novartis counterparts are paid more than most Amgen employees. I asked my manager and she confirmed it appears that way and stated the manager bonus is 55k. A little frustrating as I was told when getting hired “Amgen is leading biotech and benefits.” Um from most categories I’m learning that’s not accurate. When was the last time annual bonuses where adjusted? Can anyone else confirm this is accurate?

<

Not sure the answer but you raise a good question on bonuses. If we all can be tracked as industry standards they should evaluate bonuses and do the same to be competitive.

Just learned my Novartis counterparts are paid more than most Amgen employees. I asked my manager and she confirmed it appears that way and stated the manager bonus is 55k. A little frustrating as I was told when getting hired “Amgen is leading biotech and benefits.” Um from most categories I’m learning that’s not accurate. When was the last time annual bonuses where adjusted? Can anyone else confirm this is accurate?[/QUOTE
Did you not ask what your pay and bonus was before you accepted? Did you not negotiate? If not then shame on you, that’s your responsibility not Amgen’s. Ultimately if you’re not happy or don’t believe your comp is fair complaining won’t solve it, go find another job with better pay

Just learned my Novartis counterparts are paid more than most Amgen employees. I asked my manager and she confirmed it appears that way and stated the manager bonus is 55k. A little frustrating as I was told when getting hired “Amgen is leading biotech and benefits.” Um from most categories I’m learning that’s not accurate. When was the last time annual bonuses where adjusted? Can anyone else confirm this is accurate?[/QUOTE
Did you not ask what your pay and bonus was before you accepted? Did you not negotiate? If not then shame on you, that’s your responsibility not Amgen’s. Ultimately if you’re not happy or don’t believe your comp is fair complaining won’t solve it, go find another job with better pay

Just learned my Novartis counterparts are paid more than most Amgen employees. I asked my manager and she confirmed it appears that way and stated the manager bonus is 55k. A little frustrating as I was told when getting hired “Amgen is leading biotech and benefits.” Um from most categories I’m learning that’s not accurate. When was the last time annual bonuses where adjusted? Can anyone else confirm this is accurate?

At least ten years ago.

OBU bonus was just increased at S1 meeting in 2019. Amgen pays like shit compared to other OBU elsewhere. Most my friends make $170,000 base at other companies in oncology.

OBU bonus was just increased at S1 meeting in 2019. Amgen pays like shit compared to other OBU elsewhere. Most my friends make $170,000 base at other companies in oncology.

Do you actually work in the OBU at Amgen? If so, you are getting screwed on pay. I make 164k in base plus 45k bonus and I’m only in my mid-30’s. I will make well over 200k this year, which is amazing pay for what we do. Based on my age, I assume I am one of the least experienced reps here. In the past, Amgen has been on the low end of pay in oncology. Now, after multiple benchmarking raises in oncology, Amgen’s pay is competitive, compared to other companies.

Will you get a bump in base salary for leaving? Of course. But, I still think our total compensation package (401k, medical, retirement health savings, stock, etc) makes Amgen a better investment.

Obviously I do or I wouldn’t have posted about pay. I will make well over 200k too bc of bonus but our base pay completely sucks compared to other companies not to mention the products in OBU are all old and suck.

Obviously I do or I wouldn’t have posted about pay. I will make well over 200k too bc of bonus but our base pay completely sucks compared to other companies not to mention the products in OBU are all old and suck.

Depends on what you sell. If you are former Blue or Orange- yeah, that job sucks because some of the products are close to two decades old. Supportive care is also not as rewarding as therapeutic sales.

Hematology is where the growth and newer products are, still a great place to be, for now. Check back in a year or two and my answer may change.