Novartis job offer with medical marijuana card?

If they are going to have a problem with marijuana, a medical card doesn’t matter because its not legal on the federal level even with a medical card. I really wonder if they screen for it anymore, though. Ever since it became legal in my state, every other middle aged mom I know eats gummies…a little buzz but then you sleep well at night with no headache or heartburn the next morning. lol! I think companies will really limit their candidate pool now if they rule people out for a little THC since it’s legal in so many states. I have ADHD, and I can tell you that my last two companies, including Novartis, didn’t say a peep about testing positive for amphetamines (and I know I had to have tested positive since I take my med ever single day) whereas my previous company 9 years ago made me produce my prescription. If Novartis doesn’t care about amphetamines, you’re probably safe with a little THC. That being said, if you’re looking for a job, I don’t know why you wouldn’t just lay off for awhile.

If they are going to have a problem with marijuana, a medical card doesn’t matter because its not legal on the federal level even with a medical card. I really wonder if they screen for it anymore, though. Ever since it became legal in my state, every other middle aged mom I know eats gummies…a little buzz but then you sleep well at night with no headache or heartburn the next morning. lol! I think companies will really limit their candidate pool now if they rule people out for a little THC since it’s legal in so many states. I have ADHD, and I can tell you that my last two companies, including Novartis, didn’t say a peep about testing positive for amphetamines (and I know I had to have tested positive since I take my med ever single day) whereas my previous company 9 years ago made me produce my prescription. If Novartis doesn’t care about amphetamines, you’re probably safe with a little THC. That being said, if you’re looking for a job, I don’t know why you wouldn’t just lay off for awhile.

The last policy I remember seeing stated marijuana even for medical use isn’t allowed per Novartis policy’s but you may want to just double check before coming to the company

Hi all,

I am working my way through the application process with Novartis and may have an offer as soon as next week. I have seen previous posts indicating that Novartis does pre-employment drug screening, but I haven’t seen any posts more recent than 2016. Is a drug still an element of the hiring process? Do they accommodate users with valid state medical marijuana cards? Thanks all.

Wait. You want to work at a company with despot upper management and no job security? Think twice buddy