• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Next round

from my experience they send invites out to those impacted pretty early, by 9:30 at the latest. They get notified first. 30 minute invite = layoff bc they have to go thru the severance with you. If you get a 15 minute invite don’t panic bc it may just be an update to you bc you’re affected by the impact (ie your manager got let go). Pay attention to who is on your invite. If it’s just HR and your manager/leader; that’s another bad sign. If others are included it may be fine. This is all based on what I experienced in July and August. Good luck everyone! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

I just talked to someone who was let go in Wave 2. She said she got a 15 minute invite with her manager only (no HR) the morning she got laid off. So it doesn't really matter the length of the meeting.

So here are the clues to notice:

Meeting invite includes HR (you're being severed)
Meeting invite occurs early in the morning (you're being severed). Those being retained get a meeting invite later in the day to inform them of changes.
Meeting invite includes your manager only (does not mean you are being retained)
Meeting invite includes others in your department (likely being retained)
Duration of meeting is irrelevant.

I just talked to someone who was let go in Wave 2. She said she got a 15 minute invite with her manager only (no HR) the morning she got laid off. So it doesn't really matter the length of the meeting.

This doesn't really make sense. HR goes through all the severance stuff, not managers. I do think people are informed by their managers but then they have a call later with HR on the benefits stuff. managers don't know any of those things.

This doesn't really make sense. HR goes through all the severance stuff, not managers. I do think people are informed by their managers but then they have a call later with HR on the benefits stuff. managers don't know any of those things.

That's correct. She talked to her manager first, then got the details via HR. But I'm sure sometimes they do it together, sometimes separate.

A source tells me that because of the # of people that will be affected next week, many severance notices will be given in group settings not individual conversations. Get ready for the blood bath.

Have been told that IT call was made and was told to be ready for 500 laptops returned. I’m not sure about Mass but NC you have to report the layoff to the state for the numbers they are talking. So far nothing in the NCwarn report.

Have been told that IT call was made and was told to be ready for 500 laptops returned. I’m not sure about Mass but NC you have to report the layoff to the state for the numbers they are talking. So far nothing in the NCwarn report.

same with mass. Still no warn report. Someone’s just dropping the ball there.

Looks like with Sage in NC, they reported the day before so I think there is still time.