MM sales should be only 20 people big

<

The influence of the managed care plans is greater than that of the physician. With more plans moving towards higher performance formularies, the importance of MM will only increase.

Why do we need so many reps if our product is exclusive on a plans formulary?

The majority of SAEs just write MBOs about things everyone else is doing in the field. They stay at home all day, fly around and spend money with no accountability or payers or contracting. Absolutely no oversight.

Strategy of changing the topic to field sales will not work for too long...anyways you should be responding to OP's question "what do SAEs with no payer accounts really do all day? Sit at home?

At least they get extra time off in the summer, since there's likely less conference calls. Mine are crazy busy doing nothing. Nothing every day, maybe I get a random Amos piece.

With a 100 million dollar shortfall, increase pressure on profitability, consolidation in healthcare, no contracting for most SAEs, and vague IDN responsibilities - how is this entire team still top heavy, without oversight. All of the other teams call on the systems, especially ISRs. The SAEs aren't in the field; some barely now the key customers, let alone have relationships with the C suite.

How about 29? I like that their badges at launch said : organized customer. Like, they are really interacting with the organized customers from their homes? Waste of salary.

How would you know. My guess is that you are delivering samples and lunches. Managed Markets is where sales are made. You can deliver lunch and samples all you want but if the MCO doesn't have your product on formulary the doctor doesn't give a shit. Sales reps are a waste of money.

MM Sales should go back to the RAM model, only those who call on Payers. 90% of the rest of the SAEs spend all their time in their home office. ISRs can handle the systems and can actually deliver a clinical message. I struggle to see value of a non payer/contracting SAE. They are home all the time.

MM Sales should go back to the RAM model, only those who call on Payers. 90% of the rest of the SAEs spend all their time in their home office. ISRs can handle the systems and can actually deliver a clinical message. I struggle to see value of a non payer/contracting SAE. They are home all the time.

But, most Payer/contracting SAEs also spend a considerable amount of time at home. ISR and MM Sales need to merge.