Merger rumor

Well it certainly isn't our stellar pipeline or sales performance driving up the stock price.

Fellow AZ people, this is really happening. Let's see if Frenchie sends out a similar long, detailed email like when the Pfizer story first broke. The tone of any such communications or lack thereof will tell us all we need to know. It's going down.

Fellow AZ people, this is really happening. Let's see if Frenchie sends out a similar long, detailed email like when the Pfizer story first broke. The tone of any such communications or lack thereof will tell us all we need to know. It's going down.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer for all of you who you are Nostradamus- replace the name Novartis with Pfizer, and you have the same story from two years ago. Complete with rising stock price and numerous "its going to happen" posts that ended up NOT happening. You idiots know nothing. Stop with the predictions and get on with your life.

I don't work in the US for AZ but I do work overseas for AZ on the other side of the world. Job cuts have been significant here.

My take is that once the cuts are all complete and Pascal has snipped that $1 Billion + off the global operating costs......if the share price hasn't increased significantly...we will be ripe for a takeover....probably Pfizer.

I used to work for Novartis in one of their surgical sub-divisions....not a great company to work for.

I don't work in the US for AZ but I do work overseas for AZ on the other side of the world. Job cuts have been significant here.

My take is that once the cuts are all complete and Pascal has snipped that $1 Billion + off the global operating costs......if the share price hasn't increased significantly...we will be ripe for a takeover....probably Pfizer.

I used to work for Novartis in one of their surgical sub-divisions....not a great company to work for.

Pfizer ship has sailed. It will be Novartis. Frenchie will be paid very generously to complete the sale and move on.

Bottom line, history people. Do any of you have common street sense? After the largest devaluation of AZ stock in probable merger history? Does that ring a bell? Happens once, will happen again. All of you hoping for a buyout...merger,whatever. Your hopes will be dashed. Yeah, stock price go up,blah blah blah, then merger fails

And another thing.there's enough cloudy headed people who still work for this organization who believe "2nd merger rumor/multiple offer followed by rejection go around" will be different, looking for that golden severance parachute. Those sails have set never to return for a self identify.

And another thing.there's enough cloudy headed people who still work for this organization who believe "2nd merger rumor/multiple offer followed by rejection go around" will be different, looking for that golden severance parachute. Those sails have set never to return for a self identify.

This time feels different from the timing to the seemingly welcoming attitude of our CEO. If they could get guarantees to keep the UK presence then this has a much better chance of happening. Let's see what comes out this week.

This time feels different from the timing to the seemingly welcoming attitude of our CEO. If they could get guarantees to keep the UK presence then this has a much better chance of happening. Let's see what comes out this week.

I think Frenchie hates the Brexit vote result and will be strongly inclined to do a deal with a European company even if it is not in the EU. Novartis is a much more agreeable suitor than Pfizer. Maybe he will even bump PH out of the CEO job of the pharma side if the deal goes through.

I think Frenchie hates the Brexit vote result and will be strongly inclined to do a deal with a European company even if it is not in the EU. Novartis is a much more agreeable suitor than Pfizer. Maybe he will even bump PH out of the CEO job of the pharma side if the deal goes through.

Maybe. More likely outcome would be Frenchie becoming CEO of the Oncology side due to the oncology pipeline that goes with AZ. Would Jimenez have both top execs from AZ after the acquisition? Perhaps it has already been decided.

Maybe. More likely outcome would be Frenchie becoming CEO of the Oncology side due to the oncology pipeline that goes with AZ. Would Jimenez have both top execs from AZ after the acquisition? Perhaps it has already been decided.

It looks like it will be Novartis and this will be a complete takeover with the majority of AZ employees being cut loose with an average separation package. This will enable the complete cost reductions necessary to keep both companies afloat.

The Brits may try to force the white knight scenario with GSK, just like the French did with Sanofi buying the much larger Aventis instead of Novartis. They won't want to see that many jobs lost right after Brexit. GSK would dominate that merger also, if it were to happen, but they may have a spot for Pascal.